Jeffco County bans medical marijuana dispensaries

07 Jul 2010 08:09 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Jeffco officials on Tuesday morning approved an outright ban on medical marijuana dispensaries, voting unanimously to keep the businesses out of unincorporated areas of the county.

Read more at
High County Times

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jul 2010 08:17 #2 by BearMtnHIB
Now the hippies are learning what it feels like to have a constitutional right "infringed".

07 Jul 2010 09:00 #3 by FredHayek
I wonder if all these bans might actually bring about the decriminalization of marijuana? People losing their rights to get ahold of medicine.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Jul 2010 10:17 #4 by PrintSmith
What constitutional right has been infringed SS? I didn't realize that one had a constitutional right to operate a store of any variety in any location that they wished. As a matter of fact, there are a number of businesses that are not allowed to operate a store front in any location that they may desire. If you are one of the unfortunate people suffering from a debilitating condition that allows access to medical marijuana, you may obtain that medication from a caregiver, either by visiting their office or having them deliver it to your home, or even grow the plant yourself (provided there are no minor children living at the residence). There is nothing in the state constitutional amendment that mandates it be sold out of storefronts - that is a local regulatory matter - which is what Jefferson County has done.

07 Jul 2010 10:42 #5 by FredHayek
True, the stoners could also choose to vote out these Jeffco NIMBY's.

Is a pot dispensary anymore of a crime magnet than a liquor store?

07 Jul 2010 12:58 #6 by mountaindollar
How do you think this will affect all the hydroponic places that popped up over night?

07 Jul 2010 13:31 #7 by FredHayek

mountaindollar wrote: How do you think this will affect all the hydroponic places that popped up over night?

Will give them a lot of business. Under the rules, you can always grow your own, 12 plants, right?

07 Jul 2010 14:23 #8 by PrintSmith
Unless you have minor children living with you. Wasn't there a couple arrested recently on that account in Denver?
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/20 ... ads_to.php

08 Jul 2010 08:42 #9 by Medicine Man
I believe without more information about the particular case it is difficult for me to take a side on this. People do some pretty stupid things, and it would not be the first time a story like this has surfaced. I remember something similar a few month ago, where a couple was actually cultivating marijuana in the one year olds bedroom. Bad, bad idea and I would agree that this should be considered child abuse, with the presence of fertilizers and HDI lighting etc. I can't seem to find details on this case as to the actual location of the marijuana on the premises. It takes common sense. One should grow their medicine in a well secured area of ones property. In my opinion, not in the home itself but a detached shed or garage.

One is allowed to brew their own beer and as a parent would not face child abuse charges for doing so in a home with children present. If one where to brew beer in the baby's room it would be a different story, same should apply to medical marijuana grows.

08 Jul 2010 09:15 #10 by CC
Why does everyone assume that it is all a bunch of hippies and stoners that are in this business?
I think many would be shocked to know who is in this business.
Perfectly normal people with good values. Pillars of the community. geeeeeez

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds