"Fair Share" Administration owes $800,000 in back taxes

26 Jan 2012 09:00 - 26 Jan 2012 17:42 #1 by swampfish
Great news: The “fair share” administration owes over $800,000 in back taxes

Source: posted at 9:50 am on January 26, 2012 by Ed Morrissey, http://hotair.com/archives/2012/01/26/g ... ack-taxes/

Fair share-ness should start at home:

IRS records for 2010 indicate that active and retired federal employees and military personnel combined owed $3,420,168,684 in unpaid taxes, a 3% percent increase over 2009. White House employees working for Mr. Fair Share apparently haven’t paid any share, let alone their fair share - a new report just out from the Internal Revenue Service reveals that 36 of President Obama’s executive office staff owe the country $833,970 in back taxes.

It's time to dump our mysterious miles-long labyrinth of a tax code and institute a flat rate tax, across the board.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2012 09:19 #2 by Reverend Revelant
Obama has been spending a lot of time lately putting his foot squarely into his mouth. Fair is for you, not them.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

26 Jan 2012 09:23 #3 by lionshead2010
Haven't you ever heard the old adage "don't do as I do, just do as I say?"

26 Jan 2012 10:15 #4 by Something the Dog Said
Where did the article state that President Obama owes any back taxes? So out of 454 employees, 36 owe back taxes. Are you claiming that the President should investigate the tax status of every employee? Does your employer require you to inform them of your personal tax status? How would you justify such an invasion of privacy?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

26 Jan 2012 10:26 #5 by Reverend Revelant

Something the Dog Said wrote: Where did the article state that President Obama owes any back taxes? So out of 454 employees, 36 owe back taxes. Are you claiming that the President should investigate the tax status of every employee? Does your employer require you to inform them of your personal tax status? How would you justify such an invasion of privacy?

Wow.. you are certainly trying to put words into people mouths... where did anyone say to invade privacy? Where did anyone say Obama owed back taxes? Where did anyone say the President should investigate anyone? You're making this crap up... right. I'm talking about the hypocrisy in his own Office staff. Gee... did you even read the article or did you just want to deflect into three different directions? Play again?

26 Jan 2012 10:39 #6 by LadyJazzer
Don't stop them now...They're on a roll... Must be a busy day at the RedState/NewsMax/FauxNews/WorldNutDaily email servers... :lol:

26 Jan 2012 10:49 #7 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Don't stop them now...They're on a roll... Must be a busy day at the RedState/NewsMax/FauxNews/WorldNutDaily email servers... :lol:

I don't read (or get email from) RedState/NewsMax/FauxNews/WorldNutDaily. I can think for myself. But thanks for playing and your worthless contribution to the topic at hand. Trey again.

26 Jan 2012 10:51 #8 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Don't stop them now...They're on a roll... Must be a busy day at the RedState/NewsMax/FauxNews/WorldNutDaily email servers... :lol:

Yep... that's little post by Lady Jazzer made the 800,000 in back taxes vanish... NOT! You can snark all you want... it don't change jack. But you already knew that... didn't you?

26 Jan 2012 10:56 #9 by FredHayek
Maybe they don't pay their taxes because they think only the rich should pay taxes? Or they are like Timothy Geithner and other Obama appointees who think no one will notice.

Will the IRS garnish their goverment wages?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jan 2012 16:12 #10 by swampfish
The point is, the tax code is so inaccessible and convoluted, for rich and poor alike, that the rich man is taxed four times and paying up to 50% income tax on monies made through investments; and the poor man doesn't even bother writing a check to the IRS. No matter what your political stance, it's a no-brainer: we have to dump the untenable tax code for something that's easy to compute and that leaves no room or reason for error or omission, no matter who the taxpayer is.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds