"Fair Share" Administration owes $800,000 in back taxes

26 Jan 2012 17:46 #11 by Soulshiner

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Don't stop them now...They're on a roll... Must be a busy day at the RedState/NewsMax/FauxNews/WorldNutDaily email servers... :lol:

I don't read (or get email from) RedState/NewsMax/FauxNews/WorldNutDaily. I can think for myself. But thanks for playing and your worthless contribution to the topic at hand. Trey again.

No, you get Ron Paul newsletters and other Bircher materials. We know what you pay attention to.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2012 18:02 #12 by plaidvillain
Shills "think" what they're paid to think...just ask Beck.

I challenge anyone to name any group of 400-some people that doesn't include at least 35 or so who filed taxes incorrectly. Think the Rep members of Congress ALL filed their taxes correctly? First of all, many people hire tax preparers who then file improperly. Does anyone allege these members of the admin intentionally filed improperly, or are not involved in actively repaying their shortages?

26 Jan 2012 18:05 #13 by plaidvillain
Flat taxes shift the majority burden of financing our country to the poor - making the poor poorer, the rich richer, and the middle class extinct. Perhaps that's what some are hoping for.

26 Jan 2012 18:23 #14 by LadyJazzer

plaidvillain wrote: Flat taxes shift the majority burden of financing our country to the poor - making the poor poorer, the rich richer, and the middle class extinct. Perhaps that's what some are hoping for.

Eureka...The very thing the neo-cons want....

26 Jan 2012 19:07 #15 by Blazer Bob

plaidvillain wrote: Shills "think" what they're paid to think...just ask Beck.

I challenge anyone to name any group of 400-some people that doesn't include at least 35 or so who filed taxes incorrectly.

r
Tea party people. They even pick up their own trash. No I do not have a link, disprove it!

26 Jan 2012 19:27 #16 by LadyJazzer
I know a couple of TeaParty people who are tax cheats, and hate the IRS so much that they hide their income...

Disprove it...

26 Jan 2012 19:33 #17 by plaidvillain

neptunechimney wrote:

plaidvillain wrote: Shills "think" what they're paid to think...just ask Beck.

I challenge anyone to name any group of 400-some people that doesn't include at least 35 or so who filed taxes incorrectly.

r
Tea party people. They even pick up their own trash. No I do not have a link, disprove it!

Hadn't thought about that...however; a group who believes they are literally taxed enough already?. I'm not saying TEA partiers are any more likely to owe taxes...just saying any group of people probably has similar proportions of people who owe taxes.

Of the people who owe, what percentage do you believe are unethical, dishonest, crooks and cheats? And what percentage are people who made errors, honest mistakes? Do you think the proportions are different between Republicans and Democrats?

26 Jan 2012 23:58 #18 by Blazer Bob

plaidvillain wrote: [ Do you think the proportions are different between Republicans and Democrats?

Yes I do, but debating it is like pissing up a rope. I hope we both live long enouth to see how it comes out.

R/
Bob

29 Jan 2012 09:28 #19 by swampfish

plaidvillain wrote: Flat taxes shift the majority burden of financing our country to the poor - making the poor poorer, the rich richer, and the middle class extinct. Perhaps that's what some are hoping for.

If we institute a flat tax system that has the poorest being taxed a small percentage of their income, done on a sliding scale, say an initial flat tax of 5-10% of income and then a 1% tax per $10,000 earned after a certain cut-off point ($100,000?, $300,000), no exceptions, exemptions, deductions, none of that garbage - then it has to be a whole lot better and more fair than what we've got right now - which is 17,000 pages of legislation to wade through in the hopes that a) we're not being screwed by the taxman and b) we're not breaking the law while c) only some of us actually contribute to federal costs. No one should live tax-free; we all get services that we appreciate - the protection of our armed forces, first and foremost, our interstate highways after that. The feds only contribute 7% toward any given school's budget and for that they've interfered until it's a complete mess. Still, as a US citizen every one of us should be willing to put something into the pot for the genuine privilege of being American citizens. Even the poorest pay taxes right now - it's taken out of their paychecks before they're even handed out. With a flat tax/sliding scale structure, it would be taken out of their check and then that's it - no filing a return, no paying additional taxes in April. It's all done - so is the paper documentation nightmare and the excessive costs of filing a return as instructed within 17,000 pages of our current tax code. The wealthier you get, the harder it gets to be honest about what you really owe. I have a hard time understanding how a 5% tax on the lowest earners and a 15% on the highest earners will make the poor poorer and the rich richer, and kill the middle class.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill

29 Jan 2012 09:32 #20 by AspenValley
I guess none of you have ever been assessed for "back taxes" because of some weird disavowel of a tax deduction or a some other dysfunction of our arcane tax code.

There are about 100 reasons that people could be said to owe back taxes, "hypocrisy" probably being at the bottom of the list.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds