Give One US Housewife control over the Budget for two years

02 Feb 2012 14:41 #1 by Jonathan Hemlock
If anyone were to consider the degree of financial control and the attention to detail necessary for a Housewife, living within the US to manage a single family’s annual budget, it becomes exceedingly clear who should be managing our US Government’s Budget.

The degree to which our elected officials have failed in their attempts to balance the US Budget, and the degree to which the same have extended our credit beyond our means to pay what is owed, simply codifies the point. No American Housewife would ever extend herself, or her family’s complete financial future beyond what could normally be expected to be paid back, within a reasonably allotted time.

With all due respect to the American Women, I hope no one takes offense to my thesis or to my analogy. I base my theory upon my years’ experience, both in my childhood and my adult life. It has always been the women in my family, who have controlled the budget and the money.

In my humble opinion, I do not believe that any American Housewife would ever consider regularly requesting an increase to her family’s debt ceiling so she may borrow more, simply to keep up with her family’s increasing and uncontrolled spending. No American Housewife would knowingly consider borrowing money from an institution which held interest in the adoption of children to be sold to the highest bidder, or with a prescribed and selective birth rate policy.

I put my money on the American Housewife every time. She is the one who analyzes the nature of the family’s spending, determines the family’s priorities and then allocates the money according to it’s priorities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Feb 2012 15:29 #2 by Rick
Now if a housewife knew she could get unlimited credit increases and even print her own money, how concerned would she really be about a budget? And then if she had an economic advisor that told her she could spend her way into prosperity, her credit card would be burning a hole in her pocket.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Feb 2012 15:46 #3 by Martin Ent Inc
Yeah Michelle ain't put no word into the man to stop this runaway train.

Sorry forgot she ain't no housewife. she Be the Queen.

02 Feb 2012 16:23 #4 by Jonathan Hemlock
Even MO must know that with uncontrolled spending comes payback! ...even if she has been living on the taxpayer dollar for at least the past 12 years.

02 Feb 2012 20:34 #5 by UNDER MODERATION

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: I base my theory upon my years’ experience, both in my childhood and my adult life. It has always been the women in my family, who have controlled the budget and the money.

Just as I suspected..A wimp, from a long line of wimps..

02 Feb 2012 20:42 #6 by UNDER MODERATION

CritiKalbILL wrote: Now if a housewife knew she could get unlimited credit increases and even print her own money, how concerned would she really be about a budget? And then if she had an economic advisor that told her she could spend her way into prosperity, her credit card would be burning a hole in her pocket.

Please..You're probably drowning in debt- You probably owe on youre house, owe on you cars, and some of you probaly even owe on your furnature..

Big talkers

04 Feb 2012 12:23 #7 by Jonathan Hemlock
VL, Go ask your Mommy who really controls the purse strings. You and I both know better than to assume that the men make all of the financial decisions unilateraly; and when we do, it is not without consequences!

That does not make us all wimps!

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds