What R Your Thoughts?

11 Jul 2010 08:00 #1 by lydian82
I feel like we are being taxed to death. Not sure how this will affect us, but this upsets me.

http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/ ... e_strategy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jul 2010 08:08 #2 by CC
Replied by CC on topic What R Your Thoughts?
I completely agree with you.
If something doesn't give soon we are only gonna have 2 classes of folks left. The poor and the government.

11 Jul 2010 18:11 #3 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic What R Your Thoughts?

lydian82 wrote: I feel like we are being taxed to death. Not sure how this will affect us, but this upsets me.

http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/ ... e_strategy

Lydian, If you qualify for these taxes I am very happy for you because you apparently are doing very well.

11 Jul 2010 18:16 #4 by Local_Historian
I see nothing wrong with someone making over $400k per family being taxed at the same levels that someone in the $50-$100k range gets taxes, since accounding to the CPAs I know, that's the highest taxed bracket.

12 Jul 2010 08:22 #5 by lydian82
Replied by lydian82 on topic What R Your Thoughts?

Lydian, If you qualify for these taxes I am very happy for you because you apparently are doing very well.

:wink: I guess you answered that for me.  :Thanks:

I also heard that our ability to write off the interest on a mortgage for your home will no longer be accepted. I couldn't find any info on that aspect. I guess I should just stop reading the news. lol

14 Jul 2010 06:16 #6 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic What R Your Thoughts?
Thank those that voted for the dems...., and most Repubs...

14 Jul 2010 13:28 #7 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic What R Your Thoughts?

lydian82 wrote:

:wink: I guess you answered that for me.  :Thanks:

I also heard that our ability to write off the interest on a mortgage for your home will no longer be accepted. I couldn't find any info on that aspect. I guess I should just stop reading the news. lol

Yes... You should...

The mortgage interest deduction is still there, and is considered a third-rail...Unless, of course, the whack-jobs that want to place the progressive income-tax with a flat tax somehow get their way... THEN you will lose your mortgage-interest deduction.

14 Jul 2010 13:34 #8 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic What R Your Thoughts?

LadyJazzer wrote: The mortgage interest deduction is still there, and is considered a third-rail...Unless, of course, the whack-jobs that want to place the progressive income-tax with a flat tax somehow get their way... THEN you will lose your mortgage-interest deduction.

Whack job here. The progressive income tax SHOULD be replace by something better. Flat tax, fair tax, etc. The massive savings in $$ from not having the extremely difficult to understand and comply with Fed tax laws would be a huge productivity boost and boon to the growth of the country.

I'm cool with losing the deduction for housing in that case.

The democratic party has looked at limiting the deduction for 2nd homes, and for people who make over "$x"....and the AMT already does limit it for some.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

14 Jul 2010 13:37 #9 by CC
Replied by CC on topic What R Your Thoughts?

The mortgage interest deduction is still there, and is considered a third-rail...Unless, of course, the whack-jobs that want to place the progressive income-tax with a flat tax somehow get their way... THEN you will lose your mortgage-interest deduction.

Is it possible for you to post without calling someone or group a name?
Just curious.

14 Jul 2010 13:55 #10 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic What R Your Thoughts?
It appears to be her "MO". A carryover from that Pinhead site.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds