What R Your Thoughts?

14 Jul 2010 14:02 #11 by CC
Replied by CC on topic What R Your Thoughts?
I really need to find something more constructive to do between appointments.
I counted and out of 70 posts21 called someone a name and 28 were negative to one degree or another.
Come on LJ....It ain't that hard to be civil and articulate your point of view...is it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2010 14:15 #12 by RivendaleFarms
It's the Drive By Posting approach. (And I'm a liberal!) I'd personally rather read well thought out arguments from either side than just "I believe this, you don't, therefore you suck." (Of course there are times I'd like to say that exact phrase....) Folks from both sides do it, LJ, but yours seem to stand out the most often to me. (Although the numbers Becky put up surprised me, I thought they'd be higher - the insults tend to stand out more in memory.) I'm off to find your posts that don't fit in the mold and read them, looking forward to it. I agree with you often on the political spectrum, just think a stronger argument can be made without the name calling and instead actually presenting a fact-based point of view.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

14 Jul 2010 14:34 #13 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic What R Your Thoughts?
It does seem to me that as goverment provides takes on more responsibilities, it does require a lot more money.
I just think people & the economy would be better off if they got to choose where their money goes.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Jul 2010 14:59 #14 by CC
Replied by CC on topic What R Your Thoughts?
One other observation that I made is that the posts started friendly and have progressively deteriorated.

14 Jul 2010 15:43 #15 by RivendaleFarms
SS109, which taxpayer funded programs or services would you choose to cut? (Not being smart ass-y, I'm honestly curious.)

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

15 Jul 2010 09:48 #16 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic What R Your Thoughts?
Taxed and fee'd to death, don't ever forget what Ritter did to us. Expect to see reductions in write-offs that are still there.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

15 Jul 2010 10:14 #17 by HEARTLESS
Not trying to make anyone feel worse, but look up Congressional pensions or any favorite (Hah) politician. So much for service to your community, state, country. This is why so many seek careers in politics as opposed to actual service.

15 Jul 2010 10:22 #18 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic What R Your Thoughts?

RivendaleFarms wrote: SS109, which taxpayer funded programs or services would you choose to cut? (Not being smart ass-y, I'm honestly curious.)

I would cut everything across the board by 5% in a bipartisan move. You have to figure there is enough waste and bad spending that everyone can trim some fat. And then I would hold that cut for the next year. After that the budget would only be able to expand by 1% per year.

A 1.4 trillion debt load for only one year is very scary.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Jul 2010 10:37 #19 by HEARTLESS
I agree SS109, but would start at 10%, then move to non-essential services for the second round of cuts.

15 Jul 2010 13:49 #20 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic What R Your Thoughts?

lydian82 wrote: I feel like we are being taxed to death. Not sure how this will affect us, but this upsets me.

95% of Americans just got a huge tax cut from Obama-

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds