Rick Santorum wins in Park County

13 Feb 2012 13:50 #1 by ScienceChic
Did y'all see this?

http://www.theflume.com/news/article_1e ... 0f31a.html
Rick Santorum wins in Park County
402 votes cast in 2012 Republican caucuses in Park County
Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:09 pm | Updated: 8:31 am, Wed Feb 8, 2012.
Mike Potter

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum won the Park County caucuses with 160 votes, or about 40 percent of the votes cast in Park County on Feb. 7.

Newt Gingrich came in second with 96 votes, or 24 percent. Mitt Romney, who won the Park County and Colorado caucuses in 2008, came in third in Park County, with 85 votes, or 21 percent.

Park County Republican Chair Richard Elsner said he wasn't surprised with Santorum's taking the county.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Feb 2012 13:57 - 13 Feb 2012 15:49 #2 by JMC
What a surprise! Happy Days!

13 Feb 2012 14:11 #3 by FredHayek
Only 402 votes cast in the county. I bet more people voted in the state primary in 2010 helping to choose Maes and Buck.

I was surprised Santorum did so well in Colorado. I thought we were a purple state.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Feb 2012 15:32 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
we are more black and blue at this time.

14 Feb 2012 10:51 #5 by MWMGROUP

Martin Ent Inc wrote: we are more black and blue at this time.

So is our wallets!

14 Feb 2012 17:40 #6 by Jonathan Hemlock
This does come as a bit of a surprise to me, because the Park County Republicans are not generally known for voting their Conservative consciences, but rather for the most 'electable' of the proposed candidates. Good job, Park County Republicans!

Santorum can beat O'Blamma, if he can gain the unified support of the Colorado GOP.

15 Feb 2012 07:26 #7 by LadyJazzer
Why would it surprise you that the Park County conservatives would go for the most religious zealot?

I was pulling for Gingrich for awhile....Santorum will do just fine. Watching the GOP hang themselves on their own ideological purity, again, is too funny.

15 Feb 2012 08:30 #8 by FredHayek
Santorum is really pushing a support manufacturing platform that should sell very well in the rust belt states that the GOP needs to win in 2012. I think Rick more than Mitt is likely to steal Wisconsin, Ohio, or Michigan. Rick can win his home state of Pennsylvania, Mitt has no chance of winning Massachussets.

15 Feb 2012 23:22 #9 by Residenttroll returns

LadyJazzer wrote: Why would it surprise you that the Park County conservatives would go for the most religious zealot?

I was pulling for Gingrich for awhile....Santorum will do just fine. Watching the GOP hang themselves on their own ideological purity, again, is too funny.

Watching Obama hang himself with a 4 trillion dollar deficiency should be enough.

16 Feb 2012 08:29 #10 by FredHayek
The Sweater Vest is Back!

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds