Too Busy Campaigning

07 May 2012 08:13 #21 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Too Busy Campaigning
Sorry, Fred, but it's the CONGRESS that decides what gets passed. Obama either signs or vetoes. In the meantime, he's doing what he does best--using his bully-pulpit to sway public opinion against the wacko teabaggers in Congress that continue to obstruct anything that might improve the situation.

You didn't do well in high school civics, I take it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2012 08:28 #22 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Too Busy Campaigning

LadyJazzer wrote: In the meantime, he's doing what he does best--using his bully-pulpit to sway public opinion against the wacko teabaggers in Congress that continue to obstruct anything that might improve the situation.

Oh ya, like when he spent his first full year in office trying to convince the population that the unread HC bill was going to be so wonderful. He wanted us to believe we all will be able to keep our same insurance, that insurance costs would be cheaper, and that the bill would create jobs and help the economy.

How's that working out?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 May 2012 09:56 #23 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic Too Busy Campaigning
It's working out great for me. I've been able to insure my grown children and get insurance for a child with a pre-existing condition.

What's not working out for you?

07 May 2012 10:15 #24 by LadyJazzer

JSG wrote: It's working out great for me. I've been able to insure my grown children and get insurance for a child with a pre-existing condition.

What's not working out for you?

The fact that it was done by a Democrat, and done in spite of every attempt by the right-wing to block it...

07 May 2012 10:21 #25 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Too Busy Campaigning

LadyJazzer wrote: Sorry, Fred, but it's the CONGRESS that decides what gets passed. Obama either signs or vetoes. In the meantime, he's doing what he does best--using his bully-pulpit to sway public opinion against the wacko teabaggers in Congress that continue to obstruct anything that might improve the situation.

You didn't do well in high school civics, I take it?

You underestimate the power of the executive branch. Executive orders, appointing czars, but if he is spinning his wheels begging at $1000 plate dinners and whining about evil Republicans at half empty auditoriums, it is all good. Barack has to win this election so he can payback all those 1 percenter's funding him. Solyandra II. UAW, NEA, SEIU, NOW, etc.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 May 2012 10:27 #26 by Bard
Replied by Bard on topic Too Busy Campaigning
By the time you're twenty-six, you really ought to pay your own way. Hell, an eighth-grade education used to suffice for that. And what health care needs, and once had, is a market that generates reality-based prices; ubiquitous insurance of any description destroys that.

EDIT: Obama is a man who thinks that executive decrees make for legitimate interim legislation. Find a way to fit that on a bumper sticker, and I will wear it.

07 May 2012 10:30 #27 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, the Rominator pulling 1400 people at a 18,000 person stadium must be pretty embarrassing. Particularly when the President is pulling 14,000 at an 18,000 person stadium. What happened to all those Hispanics, African-Americans, LGBT folks and women in Romney's audience? Oh, yeah, they packed the stage with about 20-30 of the Eagle Forum broads from the local GOP women's clubs so that they would have some women on the stage... My bad...

You would do well not to start with with $1000-plate dinners since Romney will be doing the same thing, and likely for a higher price, and I will SO enjoy cramming it down your throat.

In the meantime, I stand by what I said. Since all bills must originate with the Congress, you obviously didn't do too well in high-school civics. If he has to use recess appointments, and executive orders to accomplish a few things, I guess he's found a limited way around the teabaggers, whose only goal seems to be obstruction.

07 May 2012 10:38 - 07 May 2012 10:39 #28 by Bard
Replied by Bard on topic Too Busy Campaigning
Obstruction and dialing down the debt, yes. Good on them. Especially as they're the ones acting within Constitutional authority. (Tenth Amendment aside, as usual. Sigh.)

Anyway, Obama is spearheading most of these bills. Did you know he specially requested committee to keep the let's-suspend-habeas-corpus language in the NDAA?

07 May 2012 10:38 #29 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Yeah, the Rominator pulling 1400 people at a 18,000 person stadium must be pretty embarrassing. Particularly when the President is pulling 14,000 at an 18,000 person stadium. What happened to all those Hispanics, African-Americans, LGBT folks and women in Romney's audience? Oh, yeah, they packed the stage with about 20-30 of the Eagle Forum broads from the local GOP women's clubs so that they would have some women on the stage... My bad...

You would do well not to start with with $1000-plate dinners since Romney will be doing the same thing, and likely for a higher price, and I will SO enjoy cramming it down your throat.

In the meantime, I stand by what I said. Since all bills must originate with the Congress, you obviously didn't do too well in high-school civics. If he has to use recess appointments, and executive orders to accomplish a few things, I guess he's found a limited way around the teabaggers, whose only goal seems to be obstruction.

Romney don't matter... the subject is your favorite candidate Obama... what happened to his magic... he filled this arena the last time?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

07 May 2012 11:30 #30 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic Too Busy Campaigning

Bard wrote: Obama is a man who thinks that executive decrees make for legitimate interim legislation. Find a way to fit that on a bumper sticker, and I will wear it.

The Emancipation Proclamation was an Executive Order

How's that for a bumper sticker?

Every president issued Executive Orders. But when this president does it, he's "uppity", right?

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds