libertarian,between a rock and a hard place

06 May 2012 00:39 #1 by Blazer Bob
“Imagine a libertarian president challenging Congress to bring about marriage equality.”

“Imagine a libertarian president ending impediments to free markets.”

“Imagine a libertarian president challenging Congress to repeal the PATRIOT Act.”

“Imagine a libertarian president challenging Congress for meaningful immigration reform.”

“The libertarian candidate for president is the only candidate talking about gun rights and gay rights in the same sentence.”

“The libertarian candidate for president is the only candidate that’s going to be talking about slashing welfare spending and warfare spending in the same sentence.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2012 00:54 #2 by otisptoadwater
[youtube:2v2u1igy]
[/youtube:2v2u1igy]

The footage around 2:02 is especially funny.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

06 May 2012 08:19 #3 by cydl

neptunechimney wrote: “Imagine a libertarian president challenging Congress to bring about marriage equality.”

“Imagine a libertarian president ending impediments to free markets.”

“Imagine a libertarian president challenging Congress to repeal the PATRIOT Act.”

“Imagine a libertarian president challenging Congress for meaningful immigration reform.”

“The libertarian candidate for president is the only candidate talking about gun rights and gay rights in the same sentence.”

“The libertarian candidate for president is the only candidate that’s going to be talking about slashing welfare spending and warfare spending in the same sentence.”

I keep imagining but I'm afraid that the Libertarians will never get the airtime they deserve from our media. The GOP and Dems have that outlet tied up. They don't want anyone to hear any alternatives.

07 May 2012 11:02 #4 by Bard
Libertarians have got airtime, and elections, by going under a major ticket. Unfortunately, they're both named Paul.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds