Why do Women Earn Less Than Men at the White House?

08 May 2012 00:01 #11 by otisptoadwater
Way to stay on track in this thread... If Obama is so worried about equal pay for equal work why wouldn't he see to it during his administration and during his tenure in the White House? For all of you 1960's bra burning, equal rights ladies, help me understand the logic. I'm male and obviously a moron (by default because I'm male) so I can't understand this situation on my own so I need your help.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2012 07:30 #12 by FredHayek
lol I blame it all on Julia.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 May 2012 07:48 #13 by Rick

otisptoadwater wrote: Way to stay on track in this thread... If Obama is so worried about equal pay for equal work why wouldn't he see to it during his administration and during his tenure in the White House? For all of you 1960's bra burning, equal rights ladies, help me understand the logic. I'm male and obviously a moron (by default because I'm male) so I can't understand this situation on my own so I need your help.

Look for some sudden raises for women before the election...MSNBC will probably have a full day of that coverage.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 May 2012 09:40 #14 by JSG
but who will see it?

08 May 2012 09:49 #15 by Rick

JSG wrote: but who will see it?

You got me there :thumbsup:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 May 2012 10:36 #16 by Surveyor
Soooo. How did women fare in the Bush whitehouse? I recently read an article up in a local WY rag that women in the Equality (uh-huh) state are paid $0.62 to men's $1.00 for the same work. It ain't just the White House. Not enough people on board that value the work rather than the fluff in this country IMO.

08 May 2012 11:14 #17 by JSG
The right doesn't like to discuss Bush, so we'll probably never know.

08 May 2012 13:46 #18 by Rick

JSG wrote: The right doesn't like to discuss Bush, so we'll probably never know.

Why would we, Bush is on top of the liberal deflectors so often that is nearly impossible to discuss any topic without that liberal safety net in place.

George Orwell

08 May 2012 19:30 #19 by JSG
Because you can't form an opinion based on one set of numbers. You need at least a second set to compare them to. Thus, asking about the previous president's ratio of men/women.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds