Why do Women Earn Less Than Men at the White House?

07 May 2012 20:45 #1 by otisptoadwater
Female employees in the Obama White House make considerably less than their male colleagues, records show.

According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000).

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2012/04/11/war-obama-white-house-pays-women-less-men#ixzz1uF41pSuM

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2012 20:51 #2 by archer
Not enough information....what kind of jobs are we talking about? The only way to compare men and women's pay is to compare them in comparable jobs.

07 May 2012 20:59 #3 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Not enough information....what kind of jobs are we talking about? The only way to compare men and women's pay is to compare them in comparable jobs.

Then if you had actually clicked on the links, and did some research, you would find that the figures were compiled directly from white house sources...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room ... cords/2011

Don't thank me.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

07 May 2012 21:02 #4 by otisptoadwater
Easier to say Otis is a liar... I love how the libs want it both ways, they don't like the message so they just refute the statement because they don't like the source or they are too lazy to find out if it's true or not.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

07 May 2012 21:11 #5 by archer
Where did I call you a liar in this thread?

07 May 2012 21:17 #6 by archer
I wasn't disputing the pay difference...I was questioning the use of the information. The ledbetter law deals with women getting the same pay for the same job...there was nothing in the article to indicate that they were comparing comparable jobs by the men and women. Further research will have to wait till I'm on a computer not a cell phone.

07 May 2012 21:51 #7 by JSG
This is a month old. The Free Bacon had it on April 11 after it was on Drudge.

The righties don't report that the salaries for men and women in the White House is the "median" salary. Men would have higher salaries. Politics have always been top heavy with men. The lower-paying jobs are those of secretaries, aides, and managers that are usually given to women.

I know this is difficult to understand for some people but when you have the majority of high-paying jobs going to men and the lesser paying jobs going to women, the median salary for each will be different and this leads to "men getting paid higher than women" in the White House. However, the gap in pay for women in the White House is not as much as the gap is in the country.

Does the White House tell women what to do with their vaginas? No, they leave that up to Republican lawmakers.

07 May 2012 22:04 #8 by archer
So what we have here is another case of digging through the archives to find one more outrage of the day?......be they innuendo, misinformation, jokes made to look like a story, or outright lies, the unending stream of drivel coming from the right on this message board is quite amazing. Who knew people had this much time to devote to cruising the internet to feed their hatred of Obama and liberals. No problem, it keeps them off the streets.

07 May 2012 22:42 #9 by JSG
A typical Otis outrage: Senator Stephen Douglas, the Democratic Party candidate, overspent on spittoons during his campaign against Republican Candidate Abraham Lincoln.

07 May 2012 23:42 #10 by Blazer Bob

JSG wrote: A typical Otis outrage: Senator Stephen Douglas, the Democratic Party candidate, overspent on spittoons during his campaign against Republican Candidate Abraham Lincoln.

don't quit your day job.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds