Mitt Romney’s big green flop

02 Jun 2012 11:11 #1 by LadyJazzer

Mitt Romney’s big green flop
Lowell solar panel company he backed goes under

A Bay State solar panel developer that landed a state loan from Mitt Romney when he was Massachusetts governor has gone belly up — a day after the GOP presidential hopeful ripped President Obama’s green-energy investments.

Lowell-based Konarka Technologies announced late yesterday that it filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection and will cease operations, lay off its 85 workers and liquidate.

“Konarka has been unable to obtain additional financing, and given its current financial condition, it is unable to continue operations,” CEO Howard Berke said in a statement. “This is a tragedy for Konarka’s shareholders and employees and for the development of alternative energy in the United States.”

The demise of Konarka could become a hot topic on the campaign trail because Romney personally doled out a $1.5 million renewable energy subsidy to the Lowell startup in 2003, shortly after taking office on Beacon Hill.

And on Thursday the GOP candidate was stumping outside the shuttered Solyndra solar-panel factory in California, blasting the Obama administration’s $535 million loan as a symbol of “crony capitalism.”

“If Romney gets a little bit of heat because he participated in some of these policies at a point in time, it’s all fair in the world of politics,” said state Sen. Marc Pacheco (D-Taunton). “He’s criticizing on one hand, he’s got to take criticism on the other.”

A Romney spokesman could not be immediately reached for comment.

http://www.bostonherald.com/jobfind/new ... ition=also

Dang... Don't you hate when one of your own talking-points comes back to bite you in the backside...

"Don't do as I do, Do as I say..."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jun 2012 12:41 #2 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote:
Dang... Don't you hate when one of your own talking-points comes back to bite you in the backside...

"Don't do as I do, Do as I say..."

Romney's got a hell of a lot of catching up to do to match our failed-green-energy-czar Obama!!! rofllol rofllol rofllol

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

02 Jun 2012 12:47 #3 by Raees
Wow, LJ got a bite on the first cast!

02 Jun 2012 12:53 #4 by LadyJazzer
I think it's an obsession...Sort of a stalking thing... LJDS (LJ Derangement Syndrome) :lol:

02 Jun 2012 12:54 #5 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Mitt Romney’s big green flop
LOL, now that there is funny Raees! Good one!

rofllol :lol: :rofl

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

02 Jun 2012 13:01 #6 by Reverend Revelant

Raees wrote: Wow, LJ got a bite on the first cast!

That woman is not LJ... way too young. I've seen her pictures. Derangement I agree with.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

02 Jun 2012 13:45 #7 by FredHayek
Actually Mitt clearly shows he is much better at picking green energy companies, his choice has kept producing & creating jobs for years, Obama's poorly vetted choice goes belly up only months later.

I have to think Romney would have done a much better job with that stimulus cash than Barack did.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Jun 2012 14:39 #8 by LadyJazzer
That's the best you got? :lol:

I have to think you're an idiot... But that's not new information.

02 Jun 2012 18:12 #9 by rguerette

FredHayek wrote: Actually Mitt clearly shows he is much better at picking green energy companies, his choice has kept producing & creating jobs for years, Obama's poorly vetted choice goes belly up only months later.

I have to think Romney would have done a much better job with that stimulus cash than Barack did.

Totally. :like:

02 Jun 2012 18:30 #10 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: That's the best you got? :lol:

I have to think you're an idiot... But that's not new information.

Yawn. You think everyone who does not think what you think is an idiot, or worse.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds