Is Legalizing Weed Obama's Secret Weapon?

15 Jun 2012 22:33 #1 by CinnamonGirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2012 23:12 #2 by Reverend Revelant
Secret weapon? You mean secret flip-flop.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

16 Jun 2012 07:03 #3 by FredHayek
Rush was declaring that Obama was considering decriminalizing MJ to pick up the Ron Paul vote. Might just work to sway my vote, dude. (Kidding!)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Jun 2012 11:50 #4 by JMC

FredHayek wrote: Rush was declaring that Obama was considering decriminalizing MJ to pick up the Ron Paul vote. Might just work to sway my vote, dude. (Kidding!)

And maybe it just makes sense.

16 Jun 2012 15:47 #5 by otisptoadwater
I have to admit it would create jobs, imagine all of the new positions in the Gubment it would take to tax, regulate, and ensure quality standards are met. I can see it now, new branches of the USDA, IRS, and FDA.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

17 Jun 2012 06:29 #6 by fillmore
Would you rather be in a room full of drunks? or stoners? I rest my case. Not to mention the latest research on fighting cancer with marijuana. The real drug cartels (Big Pharma) don't want you to be able to grow a cure in your backyard.

17 Jun 2012 10:02 #7 by FredHayek
Big liquor spent a lot of money in Cali defeating legalization. Big Pharma? Imagine Phizer brand Acapulco Gold.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Jun 2012 10:04 #8 by Reverend Revelant

fillmore wrote: Would you rather be in a room full of drunks? or stoners? I rest my case. Not to mention the latest research on fighting cancer with marijuana. The real drug cartels (Big Pharma) don't want you to be able to grow a cure in your backyard.

I don't want to be in a room with pot smokers or drunks. So what does that have to do with anything? Typical stoner logic. P.S. And while you at it, show me a scientific study that proves pot cures cancer. And don't tell me that Big Pharma doesn't want to do any studies. There are 100's of research facilities in colleges country wide, and tons of taxpayer grant money supporting those research centers. If there was any evidence of your claims, at least one of those research center would have produced a paper or some research.

Anecdotal evidence is not scientific evidence. Tommy Chong is not a science project (although he could be an interesting subject for some psychological study).

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

17 Jun 2012 12:35 #9 by fillmore
you are welcome to do your own research....but here is a well known study that I quickly found on the net from a top government researcher.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/speakeasy/200 ... er_changes

17 Jun 2012 12:38 #10 by fillmore
Here is one more. Education is a wonderful thing.

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/05/mar ... cells.html

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds