What are our two Sheriff candidates positions on gun rights?

16 Jul 2010 22:16 #1 by dada
I'm not a Dem or a Lib, or a Rep or a Conservative, I'm kinda moderate all ways around, some might say domestically I am liberal and foreign policy and a few other matters I am more conservative, whatever the case, I am a strong proponent of my second amendment rights, does anyone know the candidates positions? What's your position? Can the Sheriff do anything in the county to affect our firearm rights/policy locally?  :Thanks:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2010 22:29 - 23 Jun 2013 16:05 #2 by major bean

16 Jul 2010 22:41 - 16 Jul 2010 22:45 #3 by CC
If you watch the debates, you will see that both candidates are very much in favor of conceal and carry permits for citizens. They answer this question in great detail.
The laws on how to obtain a permit are not set by The county Sheriff. It is state law. If you have an issue with the process....you probably need to take it up with the state.
If you get a chance, watch the videos of the debates. Many answers to questions can be found there.

16 Jul 2010 22:45 - 23 Jun 2013 16:25 #4 by major bean

16 Jul 2010 22:47 #5 by CC
Maybe someone who has obtained a permit in Park County could tell us about their experience. I know that we have some fine teachers of the class living right here in Park County.

16 Jul 2010 22:49 - 23 Jun 2013 16:26 #6 by major bean

16 Jul 2010 23:09 #7 by Blazer Bob

major bean wrote: That is why I said that I was not mentioning the legal requirements. As per your local sheriff, you can only go get an application on Tuesday of all days! By appointment. This is hardly user friendly. Why can't a person get one in the mail?
What a politician says means absolutely nothing. Watch the obstacles that he places in your way and you will see how he really feels.

I found the process easy and no hassle. I did not have an appointment and think I picked up the app on a Wed. after the PC breakfast.
This was about a year ago.

16 Jul 2010 23:19 #8 by CC
I would like to think that I can see some genuine reaction when someone speaks about an issue. I had no doubt from the responses of both candidates that if I wanted to get a permit....it would be an easy thing to do within the confines of the law.
Thx for telling us about your experience neptunechimney.
(I honked at you the other day on 285) :)

16 Jul 2010 23:21 #9 by dada
Cool, thanx all. :crossed:

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds