Top DEA agent won’t admit heroin more harmful than marijuana

21 Jun 2012 00:20 #1 by Blazer Bob
GO Polis

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsgs ... htype=Next

Top DEA agent won’t admit heroin more harmful than marijuana

By Eric W. Dolan
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/06/20/t ... marijuana/
( Why is this person IN the Obama administration? )
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 17:08 EDT

During a House Judiciary Subcommittee hearing on Wednesday, Drug Enforcement Administrator Michele Leonhart repeatedly refused to admit that anything was more addictive or harmful than marijuana.

Democratic Rep. Jared Polis of Colorado pressed Leonhart on whether illegal drugs like methamphetamine and crack, as well as legal prescription drugs, caused greater harm to public health compared to marijuana. But within a three minute time-span, Leonhart dodged his questions eleven times.

“Is crack worse for a person than marijuana?” Polis, who has called for an end to marijuana prohibition, asked.

“I believe all illegal drugs are bad,” Leonhart responded.

“Is methamphetamine worse for somebody’s health than marijuana?” Polis continued. “Is heroin worse for somebody’s health than marijuana?”

“Again, all drugs,” Leonhart began to say, only to be cut off by Polis.

“Yes, no, or I don’t know?” Polis said. “If you don’t know this, you can look this up. As the chief administrator for the Drug Enforcement Agency, I’m asking a very straightforward question.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2012 05:59 #2 by FredHayek
Trainspotting & Basketball Diaries versus Cheech & Chong? Just kidding but I believe heroin is more addictive. Maybe Obama's lackey just didn't want to be seen as endorsing mu in any way. Zero tolerance on all drugs.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jun 2012 07:39 #3 by OmniScience

Blazer Bob wrote: Polis, who has called for an end to marijuana prohibition.....

Regarding this issue, I'd just say that evangelist Pat Robertson and I agree.

21 Jun 2012 08:01 #4 by FredHayek
Let the kids have their dope.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jun 2012 12:44 #5 by Merlin
I think she appeared dumb founded by the question because she had only used heroin and not marijuana so she really was not sure. rofllol

Merlin

21 Jun 2012 12:47 #6 by Martin Ent Inc

21 Jun 2012 13:18 #7 by Nobody that matters
Leonhart has a job to do. In that job she can't express her personal opinion, she can only enforce the law. The law says all those drugs are illegal. If she expressed an opinion on which was "more illegal", she would have been raked over the coals by someone else.

Polis knew she couldn't respond, counted on it, and tried to look like the big tough guy taking on "the Man". It was all showboating with no real content, and Polis comes off looking like a real jerk.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds