Should Playboy Playmate have received 'Genius' Visa?

01 Jul 2012 19:08 #1 by otisptoadwater
Controversy after former girlfriend of Hugh Hefner granted status for 'extraordinary ability'
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 16:43 EST, 29 June 2012 | UPDATED: 06:56 EST, 30 June 2012

Shera Bechard, the Canadian-born former girlfriend of Playboy Enterprises founder Hugh Hefner, would not be an obvious candidate for the special visas that the U.S. government reserves for 'individuals with extraordinary ability'.

Playboy magazine crowned Bechard Miss November in 2010, and she also started an online photo-sharing craze called 'Frisky Friday'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2166690/Should-Playboy-Playmate-received-Genius-Visa-Controversy-girlfriend-Hugh-Hefner-granted-status-extraordinary-ability.html#ixzz1zQFudGEA

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jul 2012 19:16 #2 by LOL
Frisky Friday? :lol:

Hey we need all the 1%-ers to tax that we can find. She is probably rich!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

01 Jul 2012 19:36 #3 by Rick
She probably does have some excellent abilties and "skills". Clinton probably wrote a letter of recommendation (Bill or Hillary)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Jul 2012 19:38 #4 by FredHayek

Ryt_Rick wrote: She probably does have some excellent abilties and "skills". Clinton probably wrote a letter of recommendation (Bill or Hillary)

:like:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Jul 2012 19:48 #5 by otisptoadwater
She isn't hard on the eyes but what is the motive to make her a citizen? Clearly she has the monetary means to travel as much as she wants.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

01 Jul 2012 20:15 #6 by Wicked
I wonder who got to confirm those "extraordinary abilities" for approving the application? :lol:

I'm guessing that application didn't come with college transcripts...maybe she should run for president? :Whistle

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

01 Jul 2012 20:50 #7 by Raees

otisptoadwater wrote: She isn't hard on the eyes but what is the motive to make her a citizen?

Otis, a visa does not make you a citizen.

01 Jul 2012 20:53 #8 by archer

Wicked wrote: I wonder who got to confirm those "extraordinary abilities" for approving the application? :lol:

I'm guessing that application didn't come with college transcripts...maybe she should run for president? :Whistle

As a Republican!

01 Jul 2012 21:06 #9 by MiiCollins
And this is news worthy...why? I don't find her attractive at all but I can see through the fake.
Boys like blondes, men like brunettes

01 Jul 2012 21:20 #10 by ScienceChic
I think hair color is a personal preference, regardless of age. Blondes are over-hyped, for sure, but I've always preferred blond-haired men and that hasn't changed as I've gotten older! :)

What was interesting about this story was the number of O-1 and EB-1 visas that are given out each year, and the criteria for qualifying for them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1zQpKDW3i

There is also no cap on the number of O-1s that the government can award each year; about 12,280 were approved in 2011, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services said, up from 9,478 in 2006. It issued about 25,000 EB-1s last year, below their cap of 40,000.

While high-profile artists and entertainers have long used the O-1s, they are now becoming a fallback for businessmen and technologists who cannot get H1-Bs.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds