Should Playboy Playmate have received 'Genius' Visa?

01 Jul 2012 21:56 #11 by MiiCollins

Science Chic wrote: Blondes are over-hyped, for sure

I don't think they are over-hyped because look at Mila Kunis, Angelina Jolie, Demi Moore, Adrianna Lima and many more beauties I can list here but what I have noticed from many blondes is this attitude that they are better for it. Where does this come from? I know that not all blondes are like this, but the ones I met and have seen are. Even Marilyn Monroe came up with "Gentlemen prefer Blondes" because she wanted to steal the spotlight from a brunette that graced the pages of all the magazines back then. She tried and failed until she went nude, thus was born the blonde slut. Thanks to her. She has impacted much of attitudes today about blondes, IMO. Dumb ass Hugh Hefner almost requires all his girls to bleach their hair for Playboy. Just dumb ass shit if ya ask me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jul 2012 22:28 #12 by ScienceChic
In the 90s in country music, Shania Twain knocked Faith Hill off as the top selling artist by using sex to sell - I don't see it as a hair color excuse to say one is better than everyone else, rather using sex as a marketing strategy to propel one's fame and wealth...because it works.

Each hair color has its stereotype that gets perpetuated, and there are those who require validation of themselves and will use those stereotypes to claim a trait they desire others to respect of them. The problem with that strategy is of course having to them back it up with action (ever seen a red-head who's constantly flying off the handle? No, they just like to say they have temper when they want someone to do their bidding. LOL) Of course there are still brunette beauties, and even Monroe couldn't erase Bette Davis, Sophia Loren, Elizabeth Taylor, Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn, or Katharine Hepburn despite using sex to sell. Had she lived, she probably wouldn't have been nearly as famous or revered as other actresses of her time, though she was talented. She certainly did have an impact on attitudes abut blondes, but since most stereotypes are largely false, people would be silly to wholeheartedly believe them.

I wouldn't know about the hair color of all the people in Playboy, :) but Hefner's got other issues, that's for sure.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Jul 2012 07:10 #13 by FredHayek
I love the idea that blondes are associated with stupidity, redheads are assumed to be hot tempered and brunnetes are supposed to be the smart ones since all it takes is a bottle of dye to change. Some of the most famous starlets have their trademark hair color only by chemical means.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds