Rural Counties reverting to gravel roads

18 Jul 2010 16:58 #51 by major bean

Vice Lord wrote:

Becky wrote: I recognize that floor!

ha...It's a luxury penthouse condo. I rented it under an assumed name

Take a look! Looks like Ketchup or BBQ sauce on the floor. You really need to mop your floor.

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jul 2010 17:10 #52 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Rural Counties reverting to gravel roads

major bean wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Becky wrote: I recognize that floor!

ha...It's a luxury penthouse condo. I rented it under an assumed name

Take a look! Looks like Ketchup or BBQ sauce on the floor. You really need to mop your floor.

Nice try-Thats in the pattern of the marble...

18 Jul 2010 17:11 #53 by UNDER MODERATION

Joe wrote: And I escape to Golden in the winter time! Love to hang out at Woodies Pizza outside.

We go to the South Pacific, or deep into Mexico

18 Jul 2010 17:51 #54 by Pony Soldier

Vice Lord wrote:

Joe wrote: LOL :) "Stay on topic"

The Essentials

Are those fingers in the lettuce drawer?

18 Jul 2010 17:58 #55 by UNDER MODERATION
This is why i'm not allowed to post pictures

18 Jul 2010 20:20 #56 by major bean
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad63/majorbean/276-3.jpg?t=1279505908
Looks like catsup to me.

Regards,
Major Bean

18 Jul 2010 20:22 #57 by UNDER MODERATION
Nope, it's in the stone

19 Jul 2010 09:44 #58 by FredHayek

major bean wrote: The article is a scare tactic to get the public to vote for tax increases to support their county governments. Governments try to scare you. I remember that the Denver Post and the Rocky Mt. News ran stories about recycling urine as public drinking water as a neccesity if the Two Forks Dam project did not get approved. BOO!!! :VeryScared:

Have to agree. It is called the statue of liberty play. The Fed claim they will have to close the Statue of Liberty because they are short of funds but then you see some giant new building going up for the Department of Agriculture, and what does DOA do exactly?

Personally I like that our road isn't paved. Reduces traffic and slows down what little traffic we do have.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jul 2010 09:54 #59 by UNDER MODERATION

SS109 wrote:

major bean wrote: The article is a scare tactic to get the public to vote for tax increases to support their county governments. Governments try to scare you. I remember that the Denver Post and the Rocky Mt. News ran stories about recycling urine as public drinking water as a neccesity if the Two Forks Dam project did not get approved. BOO!!! :VeryScared:

Have to agree. It is called the statue of liberty play. The Fed claim they will have to close the Statue of Liberty because they are short of funds but then you see some giant new building going up for the Department of Agriculture, and what does DOA do exactly?

Personally I like that our road isn't paved. Reduces traffic and slows down what little traffic we do have.

Well by the time the South Platte reaches Confluence Park it is 100% treated waste water....And it is scary

19 Jul 2010 09:57 #60 by LOL
If its purely a scare tactic, then a lot of rural counties are doing it, not just here according to the article. "Scare" could be some of it, but I would like to study the numbers and budgets. The cost of Asphalt is higher today, road construction is not cheap. I am all for watching public money expenditures. The tax money should come from the gas tax, and counties need to get a proportional share of it. I would not be against some property taxes for snow removal and maintenance (grading). Use the gas tax $ for paving/re-surfacing.

And to repeat, the article was not about paving dirt roads, it was about existing paved roads reverting to dirt/gravel. I live on a dirt road side street and its no problem when graded.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds