In Colorado, reflections of an anxious electorate

19 Jul 2010 18:29 #1 by Wayne Harrison
By Susan Page, USA TODAY

LONGMONT, Colo. — Meet Lesley Hollywood, stay-at-home mom turned kingmaker.

Thirty years old and new to politics, she has in short order become director of the Northern Colorado Tea Party and state coordinator of the national Tea Party Patriots, leading some of the had-it-up-to-here conservatives who have flipped the Senate race in this swing state upside down.

Now the "Tea Party"-favored candidate in the Aug. 10 Republican primary, Weld County District Attorney Ken Buck, has gone from long shot to front-runner in his race against former lieutenant governor ane Norton, who is backed by the Republican establishment.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2 ... htm?csp=hf

I'm leaning toward Buck. Bennett is a joke and both Romanoff and Norton are career politicians.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jul 2010 09:44 #2 by FredHayek
I am leaning torward Norton right now because I think she would do better in the general election.
Buck & her are pretty close on the issues.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Jul 2010 10:18 #3 by BearMtnHIB
Buck is new to politics, and in a year when we are ready to boot out the establishment - and replace them with better people who will support the conservative cause - Buck is my choice.

Norton has been a politician forever. She is well established as a politician and a great example of the kind of conservative who needs to be flushed out of the system in favor of someone like Buck.

I watched a 30 minute interview with Norton this last weekend (with John Caldera) and after listening to her - I am even more in favor of Buck. Norton is the republican establishment's choice - and that's another negative. Republicans at the state level in Colorado are known to be big government types - and Norton is no exception.

Bennett and Romanoff will not win this election - they might carry Denver and Boulder counties but most the rest of the state will vote conservative.

Colorado needs someone like Buck - who will truly advocate for smaller government and policies that favor the businessperson and taxpayer.

20 Jul 2010 10:42 #4 by beammeup
Romanoff is our only chance of getting someone into the Senate who is not bought and paid for by any entities. That's where I think both parties need to go.

20 Jul 2010 10:53 #5 by Grady

beammeup wrote: Romanoff is our only chance of getting someone into the Senate who is not bought and paid for by any entities. That's where I think both parties need to go.

Right, and who came out for Romanoff? The head of the Clinton machine himself.... Romanoff is just another career politician.

20 Jul 2010 11:17 #6 by beammeup
To me, a "career politician" is someone who is willing to basically be a corporate whore like the rest of the people in this race. Not someone whose dedicated his life to working for the people and promoting good public policy. But whatever, I have no great ideas that I will sway anyone on a discussion board like this.

20 Jul 2010 12:19 #7 by Photo-fish
Beammeup,

Welcome to 285bound. All ideas are welcome.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

20 Jul 2010 12:26 #8 by Nobody that matters

beammeup wrote: To me, a "career politician" is someone who is willing to basically be a corporate whore like the rest of the people in this race. Not someone whose dedicated his life to working for the people and promoting good public policy. But whatever, I have no great ideas that I will sway anyone on a discussion board like this.

If you come into this forum with the idea that you're going to change someone else's thoughts through your great ideas, I'm afraid you're going to be sorely dissapointed.

If you come in thinking "This'd be a great place to sound off", you're on the right track :)

Welcome

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds