What does the new 285 Tea Party Group Stand For

21 Jul 2010 12:15 #11 by vglyman
Considering all the banks are going to fail, and your dollar under your bed will be only worth 40 cents. I would recommend buying gold or something else of value to hide under my bed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jul 2010 12:34 #12 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic What does the new 285 Tea Party Group Stand For

beammeup wrote:

Nmysys wrote: Maybe that is the point. It isn't a Progressive agenda. It is made up of people who want the Constitution to still mean what it was intended for. We are not happy with the "Change" we have left after all this hope and change.

I didn't mean that your group was supposed to have a Progressive agenda, but your resolutions stated that the elected reps have "covertly instituted a wholly Progressive agenda". That's what I meant that I'm not seeing.

And I agree with Wayne, stating your positions in regular language would help. It is still very hard to understand what your group is for or against. And for someone like me who wanted some real "Change", I can't even see where overall anything has changed much from Bush to Obama. It all comes down to the fact that the banksters are still running our government and the rest is distraction.

I totally agree with your statements that elected officials need to understand that power comes from the people and legislation should be at the consent of the governed. So just curious if your group is at all supportive of publicly funded campaigns (or any kind of campaign reform), or in opposition to the supreme court ruling of corporate personhood and subsequent unlimited campaign spending. It just seems like we will always be at the will of multi-national corporations if these issues are not addressed, because unfortunately most people vote by what they see and hear on TV.

I agree!

21 Jul 2010 12:40 #13 by Jonathan Hemlock
First, of all: Everyone has the right to voice their opinion, and I will fight to the death to defend your right to agree or disagree.

Secondly, Resolutions are the accepted method of declaring, once approved by the Group, what it is we stand for. My intent in preparing these Resolutions was to present an honest account of what it is, I believe. These resolutions, as all further resolutions, must be first voted on by the group and only if passed, do they then officially become representative of our beliefs. All I hoped to accomplish by presenting them, was to encompass the seniments of myself with the many of those whom I have lately, met.

Additionally, I'm sorry you can't see the Progressive's agenda. The Progressives have usurped the Democratic Party in its entirety, and only use the Party to further their destructive agenda. Progressives wish to "Change" America from a Republic, with fair and equitable representation for us all, into a government by the eilte, for the elite; with us as the entitlement class, wholly dependant upon government for the gifts which they feel we deserve. Please look to the nations of Europe, particularly the nations of Greece and Britain, for examples of the desired Progressive outcome being entertained for the US of A.

Also, there are countless issues which need to be addressed now and in the near future. Campaign finance is only one. In order to successfully address the many issues that have come to the forefront lately, we need individual leaders who are willing to step up and take on the issues. No singular individual can possibly succeed. Please attend and become involved. Please attend and add your penny's worth. Allow us to perhaps capitalize on your unique talents, so we can develop an effective and active organization.

21 Jul 2010 13:29 #14 by Grady
JH well said.

21 Jul 2010 18:34 #15 by Cadillacokeefe

21 Jul 2010 19:43 #16 by CC
Nmysys... I have an appointment tomorrow night but will try and come to the meeting.

21 Jul 2010 20:09 #17 by major bean
Wealth has always been a powerful force in American politics. Taking away this power from the monied interests (by publically funded campaigns) will end with the destruction of the powerful economic engines in the U.S. (sounds a whole lot like "entitlement", doesn't it?). Then the U.S. will be delegated to a 2nd or 3rd rate power in the world. But we will all get free milk delivered to our doorsteps every morning, and everyone will have a pension upon retirement. Our grandchildren will all have orange and blue spiked hairdos and black lipstick. Then we can force newspapers to print only objective news (goodbye freedom of the press).

Regards,
Major Bean

21 Jul 2010 22:53 #18 by beammeup
Not allowing Wall St. and corporations to buy our representatives will destroy them? and turn us into a communist state? So, a government of, by and for the people is what will do us in? Oh please, our powerful economic engines can still do fine and make plenty of profit without raping the rest of us completely. What I take issue with is that we've gotten to where all of the profits are privatized, but the risks and social/environmental costs are socialized. That's what happens when our representatives are bought off, and government stops performing its function of regulating industry.

22 Jul 2010 00:00 #19 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic What does the new 285 Tea Party Group Stand For

beammeup wrote: Not allowing Wall St. and corporations to buy our representatives will destroy them? and turn us into a communist state? So, a government of, by and for the people is what will do us in? Oh please, our powerful economic engines can still do fine and make plenty of profit without raping the rest of us completely. What I take issue with is that we've gotten to where all of the profits are privatized, but the risks and social/environmental costs are socialized. That's what happens when our representatives are bought off, and government stops performing its function of regulating industry.

I think Major Bean is just too stupid to argue with....

22 Jul 2010 09:54 #20 by Jonathan Hemlock
There really must come a time, and very soon, I might add, when Americans must begin treating each other with certain dignity and respect. We seem so willing to find a foe and to attack. There are those out there who are in direct opposition to what America stands for and has stood for since our Nation's founding. I suggest applying diligent effort to identify those in opposition to the mission of returning the Government to its rightful heirs (the people), and expending the full force of your efforts to remove them from office and then simply agree to respectfully disagree when interacting with those who really are on your side.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds