What does the new 285 Tea Party Group Stand For

22 Jul 2010 11:59 #21 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Wayne Harrison wrote: I think you'd have better response, and get your points across better, if your goals were written in plain English -- not reading like a court proclamation.

You'll notice there are no whereas 's and no "be it resolved" in the Declaration of Independence. Just make it understandable and clear.

SO that liberals can twist the meaning. They like dem livin' documents. ya know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jul 2010 12:08 #22 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: then simply agree to respectfully disagree when interacting with those who really are on your side.

[url=http://www.mysmiley.net:2jnrh2go]
File Attachment:
[/url] This is kind of a suicidal leap. Yes?

22 Jul 2010 12:17 #23 by Jonathan Hemlock

22 Jul 2010 12:29 #24 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
How do you conclude that the only people who are the enemy are the elected officials with whom you disagree? They are the equivalent of the oil in the gulf compared to the volume of water in the gulf. . The country's real problem are those who elected them. What do you propose to do with them? You can't vote them out of existence.

22 Jul 2010 17:40 #25 by Jonathan Hemlock
Umm! What I was saying was in reference to Vice Lord who apparently believes if you don't support publicly funded political campaigns, "You're too stupid to argue with". I was suggesting that maybe the two aren't so far apart. Both seem to want the same thing, they just disagree about how to do it.

I don't simply blame the politicians. We have been asleep at the wheel, while busy building our lives. We trusted and we should have known better but, we trusted, and we got sc^&wed. So now, as we should have always been, must re-engage and take it back. Let go of your bitterness, think clearly and take action to restore what is our rightful inheritance.

22 Jul 2010 18:17 #26 by major bean
I believe that the saying, "what's good for business, is good for America" has a lot of truth. Now do not assume that I believe that the robber barons should return. But if business thrives, the worker will thrive. Who knows better about what is good for business than businessmen? We must continue regulating against unethical business methods and practices, but stipping all power from big money will leave them at the mercy of the greedy masses (after all, they are human too) and the powerful will be stripped of their money (which is the root of all power).
The constant struggle between business, worker, public interest brings continual advancement and improvement. Take away that constant struggle and the balance will become lopsided and our economy will topple.
All the rest is fairy tales of Utopia.

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds