Assange - Beyond Reach

16 Aug 2012 07:37 #1 by RCCL
Assange - Beyond Reach was created by RCCL
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/16/us-wikileaks-assange-idUSBRE87F0KQ20120816

Reuters wrote: Ecuador granted political asylum to Julian Assange on Thursday, ratcheting up tension in a standoff with Britain which has warned it could revoke the diplomatic status of Quito's embassy in London to allow the extradition of the WikiLeaks founder.

I really hope this sticks, the release of information should never be persecuted. Assange did not steal the information, he distributed it after the fact. He's a journalist in my eyes, and I'm going to continue to support Wikileaks.

Knowledge belongs to the people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2012 07:43 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Assange - Beyond Reach
Agree, open records help keep our goverment employees honest.

Of course, being forced to live in Ecuador might be a form of house arrest.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Aug 2012 07:47 #3 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Assange - Beyond Reach
Wow... Let's alert the Media... I agree too...

If information is that sensitive, they should guard it better. Once it's out there, then the release should not be prosecuted.

16 Aug 2012 08:23 #4 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Assange - Beyond Reach

FredHayek wrote: Agree, open records help keep our goverment employees honest.

Of course, being forced to live in Ecuador might be a form of house arrest.

Or maybe not.

http://www.pro-ecuador.com/

16 Aug 2012 09:24 #5 by RCCL
Replied by RCCL on topic Assange - Beyond Reach
I'm still half-waiting for the news that Britain has decided to storm the embassy... when it happens... I hope they've already snuck him out.

If they're smart, they would have already gotten him out of the country before making the announcement. It just gets more dangerous from here on out

16 Aug 2012 09:36 #6 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Assange - Beyond Reach
Just before the announcement of asylum in the Ecuadorean capital, Quito, President Rafael Correa said on his Twitter account: “No one is going to terrorize us!” The night before, Foreign Minister Ricardo Patiño said that the British authorities had threatened to force their way into the embassy, to which he responded: “We are not a British colony.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/17/world ... wanted=all

16 Aug 2012 12:34 #7 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic Assange - Beyond Reach
Assange is not protected by any US citizens rights. Many governments are wanting to get ahold of this guy by the neck- even his own country trumpted up some sex charges for him.

Ecuador is a good place to get yourself killed- if you are a scared little squirrel like Assange, and I predict that more than one CIA or MI5 or KGB agent is already waiting there for him.

Even though I don't blame him personally- he aided and abetted traitors to the USA, UK and Russia. That alone is more than enough to get yourself killed in the corrupt world we live in.

The American traitors he got info from should be sentenced to death. I think Assange will fall victim to a horrible accident.

17 Aug 2012 07:41 #8 by RCCL
Replied by RCCL on topic Assange - Beyond Reach

BearMtnHIB wrote: Assange is not protected by any US citizens rights. Many governments are wanting to get ahold of this guy by the neck- even his own country trumpted up some sex charges for him.

Sweden kowtowed to the United States, plain and simple on that one.

BearMtnHIB wrote: Ecuador is a good place to get yourself killed- if you are a scared little squirrel like Assange, and I predict that more than one CIA or MI5 or KGB agent is already waiting there for him.

Even though I don't blame him personally- he aided and abetted traitors to the USA, UK and Russia. That alone is more than enough to get yourself killed in the corrupt world we live in.

The American traitors he got info from should be sentenced to death. I think Assange will fall victim to a horrible accident.

I don't entirely disagree with you... it's hard to be the one holding the flashlight when we live in a world full of militarized cockroaches

17 Aug 2012 08:20 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Assange - Beyond Reach
NPR was talking about this last night, with some speculation that Julian is already gone. they also reminded me of a man who lived in a embassy in the Warsaw Pact for decades because they couldn't get him out.

Point to consider, what if Ecuador changes out the current goverment who hates the US. Will the new regime surrender Julian to us?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds