Straight A student denied diploma.

21 Aug 2012 07:27 #1 by pineinthegrass
She was the valedictorian of her high school class and said this in her speech...

“Her quote was, ‘When she first started school she wanted to be a nurse, then a veterinarian and now that she was getting closer to graduation, people would ask her, what do you want to do and she said how the hell do I know? I’ve changed my mind so many times.’”

He said in the written script she gave to the school she wrote “heck,” but in the moment she said “hell” instead.

Nootbaar said the audience laughed, she finished her speech to warm applause and didn’t know there was a problem.

That was until she went to pick up the real certificate this week.

“We went to the office and asked for the diploma and the principal said, ‘Your diploma is right here but you’re not getting it. Close the door; we have a problem,’” Nootbaar said.

He said the principal told Kaitlin she would have to write an apology letter before he would release the diploma.

A move her dad believes is illegal.

I guess she should of said "h" "e" double hockey sticks instead? At least she's still going to college on a full scholarship.

http://kfor.com/2012/08/18/46913/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Aug 2012 07:33 #2 by TPP
BULLSH*T! pc again.

21 Aug 2012 07:39 #3 by FredHayek
Easy enough, do like politicians do and make a fake apology and pick up your diploma. She can have mine, if I knew where it was.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Aug 2012 08:52 - 13 Nov 2012 18:15 #4 by The Boss

21 Aug 2012 09:30 - 21 Aug 2012 14:41 #5 by pineinthegrass
I actually left out her greatest offence in the original post.

She was inspired to use her offending line by a scene in one of the "Twilight" moves (see the video clip at the link).

Just for that I'd pull her scholarship too because it clearly won't do her any good! :lol:

21 Aug 2012 13:12 #6 by LadyJazzer
PC? I don't think so...

More like standard Oklahoma religious extremists...

I just heard an interview with the student...She said that if they thought "hell" was a sin, then her writing a fake apology that she doesn't mean would be a lie, and that would be a "second sin", and she didn't to rack up two in one week...

Hmmmm.... I don't think the word "sin" qualifies as a "P.C." reason....

21 Aug 2012 14:11 #7 by 2wlady
For me the issue is about "honor." What's that? Yeah, not much around any more. She agreed not to use foul language, at least to some people it's foul, and then reneged on her agreement.

Lack of ethics. But then, that's not taught anymore, is it?

21 Aug 2012 15:33 #8 by Raees
Hell is mentioned a lot in the bible.

21 Aug 2012 16:48 #9 by LOL
Ridiculous. Everyone slips up a heck and hell once in awhile. The taxpayers should deny these admin a-holes a paycheck or two. SOBs

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

21 Aug 2012 17:05 #10 by Soulshiner
How is hell a curse word? It's not one of the seven dirty words.

Sue the hell out of them to stop this.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds