New tax on Gold was snuck into the Healthcare joke of a bill

21 Jul 2010 14:53 #1 by The Viking
I cannot believe how much liberals love new taxes! They put them in everywhre they can. What the hell does a tax on gold have to do with health care? I am starting to think it is a genetic defect in those Liberals. Kind of like alcoholism. Or it is like a meth addict. Once they got a taste of it under Obama, they can't stop finding more things to tax. They have to be stopped and voted out of office quick!!

http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/21/gold- ... -tax-laws/

So every time a member of the public sells more than $600 worth of gold to a dealer, Piret said, the transaction will have to be reported to the government by the buyer.

Pat Heller, who owns Liberty Coin Service in Lansing, Mich., deals with around 1,000 customers every week. Many are individuals looking to protect wealth in an uncertain economy, he said, while others are dealers like him.

With spot market prices for gold at nearly $1,200 an ounce, Heller estimates that he'll be filling out between 10,000 and 20,000 tax forms per year after the new law takes effect.

"I'll have to hire two full-time people just to track all this stuff, which cuts into my profitability," he said.

An issue that combines gold coins, the Obama health care law and the IRS is bound to stir passions. Indeed, trading in gold coins and bars has surged since the financial crisis unfolded and Obama took office, metal dealers said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jul 2010 14:56 #2 by The Viking
OK, so this is strange. I can open anything on my computer but all of the stories to this gold tax won't open now. And I have tried 4 of them.

21 Jul 2010 15:01 #3 by The Dude
Go to beforeitsnews.com That was the first one that popped up on aol/google I didnt try any others but the first one and it opened.

21 Jul 2010 15:04 #4 by JMC

The Viking wrote: OK, so this is strange. I can open anything on my computer but all of the stories to this gold tax won't open now. And I have tried 4 of them.

Liberal internet police have stifled you once again!

21 Jul 2010 15:05 #5 by The Viking

The Dude wrote: Go to beforeitsnews.com That was the first one that popped up on aol/google I didnt try any others but the first one and it opened.

Love that site. Thanks

21 Jul 2010 15:06 #6 by The Dude
No problem. Never heard of it before.. It was the first one with the story so I thought I would share. Enjoy!!

21 Jul 2010 15:08 #7 by The Viking
So this administration is taking on and hurting Wall Street, and they are now putting a tax on Gold to control that because people are taking money out of government controlled investments and buying gold. They are kind of herding everyone back to the banks for investments. Good thing they don't have any interest in those.......uh oh....... It's all making sense now. :VeryScared:

21 Jul 2010 15:14 #8 by LOL
I think its related to this Viking... http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/09/smallbu ... 099_flood/

Many more 1099s for a lot of small business transactions. IRS wants more documentation. Some articles say that they will be overloaded with data from this.

I also read they are cracking down on Independent Contractors, or the companies that use them. Unfortunately for me, as that's what I do, or used to do. :)

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/29/pf/taxe ... 2010032909

It was all about making the CBO numbers look good for the healthcare bill, whether the revenues actually materialize is anyones guess. Sure doesn't sound like policies friendly to growing small businesses. Good for accountants needing work though.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

21 Jul 2010 15:17 #9 by Grady
It's all about control.

21 Jul 2010 15:22 #10 by The Viking

Grady wrote: It's all about control.

Exactly! It has been since day one of this administration when his first order of business was to lock up all of his records.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds