Tom Tancredo for Governor

22 Jul 2010 12:14 #1 by conifermtman
Tom should run as an independent. Scott McInnis is damaged goods and Dan Maes has no record and most of the state does not know who he is. At least with Tancredo I have a level of trust I don't have with McInnis or Maes. I certainly have no love for Hickenlooper. How does Governor Hickenlooper sound to you folks? Hickenlooper started and chaired the Chinook Fund that has ties to Hamas and is admirer of Anthony Van Jones. Not the person I want for governor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jul 2010 12:17 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Tom Tancredo for Governor
Have to disagree. If Tancredo runs as an independent, he will split the conservative vote, giving Hick the win.
I would support Tancredo replacing McInnis.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Jul 2010 12:26 #3 by conifermtman
I don't see Maes or McInniss stepping down. So this race could be already over. I wonder what McInniss's internal polling is telling him. Maes probably doesn't even have a pollster on staff.

22 Jul 2010 12:29 #4 by LadyJazzer
Yes, PLEASE!!! PLEASE run Tancredo! I'd like that almost as much as I would having Palin run for president in 2012!!!

:yeahthat: :banana:

22 Jul 2010 12:33 #5 by conifermtman

LadyJazzer wrote: Yes, PLEASE!!! PLEASE run Tancredo! I'd like that almost as much as I would having Palin run for president in 2012!!!

:yeahthat: :banana:

We will see about that. Tancredo would push the immigration issue hard and point to Hickenlooper's sanctuary city policies in a way that McInnis or Maes don't know how to do. This is not 2008 sweetie, times have changed :wink:

22 Jul 2010 12:38 #6 by BearMtnHIB
Maes is the peoples choice. And since McInnis has turned out to be a scumbag of the highest order - Maes is going to be the one I support.

I find it distasteful that the establishment republicans are running around bad mouthing Maes - even the talk show hosts are trying to find an imaginary candidate to run. Our man is right there - Dan Maes!

Now if we could get the party on board with the choice that the people have made - we could win the election with Maes. How many people knew who Obama was before he shut out hillary?

The established republicans want a man of their choice - and the conservative electorate have already chosen Maes. Stop the badmouthing and backstabbing - and get behind our man.

I'm not voting for establishment politicians in this election, we need new blood like Dan Maes. We can win if our own party stops the back stabbing. If Tancredo wanted in this election - he should have kept running. Too late for Tancredo now - he would just be in the way.

Dan Maes is fully electable if his own party would just get behind him.

22 Jul 2010 12:46 #7 by conifermtman

BearMtnHIB wrote: Maes is the peoples choice. And since McInnis has turned out to be a scumbag of the highest order - Maes is going to be the one I support.

I find it distasteful that the establishment republicans are running around bad mouthing Maes - even the talk show hosts are trying to find an imaginary candidate to run. Our man is right there - Dan Maes!

Now if we could get the party on board with the choice that the people have made - we could win the election with Maes. How many people knew who Obama was before he shut out hillary?

The established republicans want a man of their choice - and the conservative electorate have already chosen Maes. Stop the badmouthing and backstabbing - and get behind our man.

I'm not voting for establishment politicians in this election, we need new blood like Dan Maes. We can win if our own party stops the back stabbing. If Tancredo wanted in this election - he should have kept running. Too late for Tancredo now - he would just be in the way.

Dan Maes is fully electable if his own party would just get behind him.

As much as I can't stand Obama at least he has charisma, Maes does not and that went a long way to getting Obama elected. Maes is way out of his league, he does not have the organization to win the governorship in the long haul. Unfortunately it takes more than just a good platform to win.

22 Jul 2010 13:35 #8 by BearMtnHIB
Obama is out of his league.

Maes - not so much. He's a good man - I've listened to him. He's for small government - lower taxes, pro business, anti-illeagal immigration. He will do a good job for Colorado.

22 Jul 2010 13:45 #9 by conifermtman

BearMtnHIB wrote: Obama is out of his league.

Maes - not so much. He's a good man - I've listened to him. He's for small government - lower taxes, pro business, anti-illeagal immigration. He will do a good job for Colorado.

Unless the Tea party gets behind Maes in a big way, lots of money and other resources Maes does not stand a chance against Hickenlooper. Maes has about 2 to 3 weeks to get this organized or he is finished.

22 Jul 2010 14:01 #10 by Something the Dog Said
Why would anyone support Maes? He touts his successful business experience, but in reality his business is a joke. His business reported gross revenues of $11,000 for 2008, that last filing that he released. Why would you want to turn over running the state to him? On the other hand, Hickenlooper has experience in the energy industry, then created a business empire that has created a large number of jobs and has shown proven business acumen.

Both Maes and McInnis have shown questionable ethics.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds