So that bombshell Obama video

06 Oct 2012 09:17 #51 by LadyJazzer
Well, good. Then we agree. I would prefer that they have MORE choices... As long you don't interfere with the ones they have now.

A study just came out that said when contraceptives are provided for free, that the abortion rate drops to near zero... Hmmmm...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2012 09:20 #52 by CC
Replied by CC on topic So that bombshell Obama video
Planned Parenthood does provide contraception for free or nearly free.....yet....1.4 million abortions each year.

06 Oct 2012 09:23 #53 by LadyJazzer
Planned Parenthood reaches a tiny percentage of the population...(And thanks to the Neanderthals in the GOTP, it gets smaller and smaller each year.) If they provide 1.4 million abortions a year, I wonder how many of those could have been prevented if those specific 1.4 million women had had the opportunity of free contraception in the first place?

You're drawing some sort of parallel that those 1.4 million had access to contraception before they got pregnant, and unless you have some better proof of that, it's just more pulling numbers out of thin air and trying to tie them together to suit your narrative.

06 Oct 2012 09:25 #54 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic So that bombshell Obama video
You don't have to be religious to understand that killing the most innocent and defenseless of all HUMAN LIFE, in order to erase a bad decision, is morally wrong. People have the legal right to make immoral decisions but that doesn't absolve them from penalizing one life to help their own.

Back on topic... I'm betting Obama will bring up Romney's past videos and that will give an openning for Romney to counter with Obama's many past statements and videos that show who he really is.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Oct 2012 09:29 #55 by CC
No numbers pulled from thin air. I provided links to my numbers. Where are yours? Talk about thin air.

What is so terribly wrong with women just saying no to begin with.
The consequence to yes is the possibility of becoming a parent.
Where is the taking of personal responsibility of one's decisions?

Like I said......amoral.

06 Oct 2012 09:39 #56 by CC

In the U.S., the story isn’t much different. A January 2011 fact sheet by the pro-abortion rights Guttmacher Institute listed all the reasons that women who have had an abortion give for their unexpected pregnancy, and not one of them is lack of access to contraception. In fact, 54 percent of women who had abortions had used a contraceptive method, if incorrectly, in the month they got pregnant. For the 46 percent who had not used contraception, 33 percent had perceived themselves to be at low risk for pregnancy; 32 percent had had concerns about contraceptive methods; 26 percent had had unexpected sex, and 1 percent had been forced to have sex. Not one fraction of 1 percent said they got pregnant because they lacked access to contraception. Some described having unexpected sex, but all that can be said about them is that they are irresponsible, not that they felt they lacked access to contraception.

Lack of knowledge of contraception also isn’t a reason that American women get abortions. Guttmacher reported that only 8 percent of women who undergo abortions have never used a method of birth control.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html

Very instructional link.

• Fifty-four percent of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use.[8]

• About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives. Most of these women have practiced contraception in the past.[9,10]

So.....LJ provide me the links that support what you are saying. I am personally tired of you just throwing stuff out there in an attempt to further your ideology.

06 Oct 2012 09:45 #57 by CC

Heisenberg wrote: You don't have to be religious to understand that killing the most innocent and defenseless of all HUMAN LIFE, in order to erase a bad decision, is morally wrong. People have the legal right to make immoral decisions but that doesn't absolve them from penalizing one life to help their own.

Back on topic... I'm betting Obama will bring up Romney's past videos and that will give an openning for Romney to counter with Obama's many past statements and videos that show who he really is.

I would be happy to see part of this thread moved to it's own thread and debate this issue.

06 Oct 2012 09:45 #58 by LadyJazzer
The number "1.4 million" is NOT the number of abortions... It is the number of "Medicaid patients served by Planned Parenthood from their source of health care."

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/ ... -12-11.pdf

Nice try though... Pulling the number "1.4 million abortions" does not say that Planned Parenthood was responsible for ALL of them, or even a small part of them.

From your own article:

CONTRACEPTIVE USE

• Fifty-four percent of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use.[8]

• Forty-six percent of women who have abortions had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. Of these women, 33% had perceived themselves to be at low risk for pregnancy, 32% had had concerns about contraceptive methods, 26% had had unexpected sex and 1% had been forced to have sex.[8]

• Eight percent of women who have abortions have never used a method of birth control; nonuse is greatest among those who are young, poor, black, Hispanic or less educated.[8]

• About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives. Most of these women have practiced contraception in the past.[9,10]

Thanks for making my point... If these women had been provided with it, TAUGHT HOW TO USE IT, and had consistently used it in the manner prescribed how many pregnancies would there have been?

This is going nowhere... You keep pulling your number out of thin air...And in the end? I don't care. You don't like abortion? Don't have one.

I will not get into a debate about it... I WILL fight tooth and nail to keep the option open for women that choose it...because it's none of your business.

06 Oct 2012 09:54 #59 by CC
You are assuming a good deal of information to make your case LJ.

how do you know they weren't taught to use their birth control. Every packet comes with a set of instructions and warnings.

06 Oct 2012 09:56 #60 by LadyJazzer
I'm apparently assuming a LOT less than you are...

I'm done with this one...

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds