Paying for Education

05 Oct 2012 11:40 #11 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Paying for Education
IMO its nuts to borrow money for books and living expenses. Student loans and grants should only be for tuition, with some % paid for by savings. The rising default rate and low graduation rates are a problem too. Maybe funding should be staggered so more money is available closer to graduation, and less the 1st 2 years.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2012 15:04 #12 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Paying for Education

LOL wrote: IMO its nuts to borrow money for books and living expenses. Student loans and grants should only be for tuition, with some % paid for by savings. The rising default rate and low graduation rates are a problem too. Maybe funding should be staggered so more money is available closer to graduation, and less the 1st 2 years.

:faint: I knew students on grants who used to use the living expenses part to buy drugs and skip buying meals. Priorities.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Oct 2012 08:01 #13 by PonyTail
Replied by PonyTail on topic Paying for Education
Just want you to know I have nothing against student loans or grants for those who are seriously seeking to better there education, but there needs to be some kind of watchdog program for people like Hot Rod Idiot. I've heard bits and pieces about the government forgiving some of these loans. Is this correct? This would be wrong in so many ways. You and I would be stuck with yet another tax to cover these loans. What kind of life lesson is that for the student? That you can out right rob the people of the United States and get away with it? Do they become white collar criminals because they got away with it once and will try it again?

Is there a soap box icon? I need it from time to time.

06 Oct 2012 08:31 #14 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Paying for Education

PonyTail wrote: Just want you to know I have nothing against student loans or grants for those who are seriously seeking to better there education, but there needs to be some kind of watchdog program for people like Hot Rod Idiot. I've heard bits and pieces about the government forgiving some of these loans. Is this correct? This would be wrong in so many ways. You and I would be stuck with yet another tax to cover these loans. What kind of life lesson is that for the student? That you can out right rob the people of the United States and get away with it? Do they become white collar criminals because they got away with it once and will try it again?

Is there a soap box icon? I need it from time to time.

Just look no further than the Aurora shooting.
He financed that entire massacre on our dime.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds