Tancredo? Brillliant or boneheaded?

23 Jul 2010 09:17 #1 by JMC
I think he just elected Hick. Will you tea party people support him?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jul 2010 09:42 #2 by The Viking

JMC wrote: I think he just elected Hick. Will you tea party people support him?

He is both. He is brilliant on illegal immigration and getting attention, but boneheaded in many of this things he says and his decisions.

If McKinnis wins the Primary and then bows out, I would vote for Tancredo. If Maes of Mckinnis win and stay in it, I am hoping that Tancredo will change his mind and not had the Capital over to Hickenlooper. He will never be taken serious again.

23 Jul 2010 10:12 #3 by Pony Soldier
I think either way, he's handed the state to Hickenlooper, so I won't bother with calling him boneheaded. Jane Norton is polling quite a bit behind Joe Buck. She should bow out and volunteer for the Republican nod after the primary. That's the only chance the Republicans might have of salvaging this thing.

23 Jul 2010 10:26 #4 by The Viking

towermonkey wrote: I think either way, he's handed the state to Hickenlooper, so I won't bother with calling him boneheaded. Jane Norton is polling quite a bit behind Joe Buck. She should bow out and volunteer for the Republican nod after the primary. That's the only chance the Republicans might have of salvaging this thing.

That is a great idea! I never thought of her as Governor but I think she could win.

23 Jul 2010 11:25 #5 by Grady
McInnis and Maes will never bow out, so I think the Norton option is out. Personally I think Tancredo has a pretty good chance, he's run a big campaign, he is a lot more than illegal immigration, it’s just that is what he gets asked about all the time. He will be able to raise the money needed. He is very personable. He is conservative, a long time Coloradoan. If he had any ethics problems such as plagiarism or questionable business practices for example, it would have come to the light long ago. I think we may be looking at a good fight instead of a Hickenlooper coronation.

23 Jul 2010 11:37 #6 by Residenttroll returns
Tom has a chance over Maes and McInnis. The problem in Colorado is the liberal media will flame Tom's record on immigration. But it's interesting to note that the liberal media at Channels 7 and 9 don't have a large hispanic audience...and neither does the Post when compared to the hispanic news outlets. It sucks for liberals trying to flame Tom.

Hick will get the hispanic vote population....he's been employing them for years in his restaurants and he's a mayor of the largest sanctuary city in the Mountain west.

Tom's message on immigration is the right on....we welcome you, if you have legally immigrated. If you are breaking the laws, then you must face consequences of your illegal actions.

23 Jul 2010 11:43 #7 by Grady

towermonkey wrote: I think either way, he's handed the state to Hickenlooper

That happened when McInnis admitted to plagiarism then threw Rolly Fischer under the bus, and Maes's problems with his campaign and personal finances issues coming to light.

23 Jul 2010 11:48 #8 by The Viking

Grady wrote: McInnis and Maes will never bow out, so I think the Norton option is out. Personally I think Tancredo has a pretty good chance, he's run a big campaign, he is a lot more than illegal immigration, it’s just that is what he gets asked about all the time. He will be able to raise the money needed. He is very personable. He is conservative, a long time Coloradoan. If he had any ethics problems such as plagiarism or questionable business practices for example, it would have come to the light long ago. I think we may be looking at a good fight instead of a Hickenlooper coronation.

Not if Tancredo goes in as a third party candidate unter the Constitution Party. The conservative votes will be divided and Hickenlooper will have a cakewalk.

23 Jul 2010 11:55 #9 by Grady
What's not conservative about the Constitution party? It's true they are not the GOP, but...

23 Jul 2010 14:05 #10 by The Viking

Grady wrote: What's not conservative about the Constitution party? It's true they are not the GOP, but...

Nothing at all. In fact I totally support them but if you have Tancredo and Maes and Hickenlooper all running, the conservative votes will get divided and Hickenlooper will win.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds