Tancredo? Brillliant or boneheaded?

23 Jul 2010 14:36 #11 by PrintSmith
That's certainly a possibility Viking, unless the Conservatives decide to unite behind a single candidate to prevent that from happening. That's how Clinton beat Bush in '92 when the conservative vote was split between Bush and Perot.

I'm not certain that Tancredo can garner the necessary moderate vote to win. Even if the Conservatives all backed him, I believe the moderates would end up mostly voting for the Hickster. Like it or not, it is neither the progressive or conservative voter that puts anyone in office these days. Much like Kennedy is the most important vote to get in the current Supreme Court, the moderate vote is what will make or break a candidate on election day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jul 2010 20:27 #12 by major bean
Tancredo does not realize that he is a good TV interview because he is an unpredictable loose cannon. He sometimes says the most bizarre things which an ambitious politician would not dare utter (no matter how true or logical). Maybe he is so flattered by the recent attention that he believes that he is a serious candidate. I would definitely vote for him, but I am also a fool.

(In other words: I say he is a bonehead, but he's the man!)

Regards,
Major Bean

23 Jul 2010 20:50 #13 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Tom has these RINOs running in every direction. I am sick to death of "the machine". They are to blame for where the country finds itself. And before anyone say it can't be done, that's what they all said about Jessie Ventura. And he was as loopy as a mmp. 61% of Coloradans are on the same page as Tom regarding illegal immigration.

25 Jul 2010 13:17 #14 by Tilt
Always a big supporter of the Slickster. Towards end of his
service in late 2008. He voted/supported the bailouts for
wall street, banks and others. Then just prior to departing
took many favors($$) from them.

Push him into a corner on immigration and he folds/waffles.

Because little said about his profiteering, he's back at the
taxpayer trough.

25 Jul 2010 14:08 #15 by Nic at Night

Tilt wrote: Always a big supporter of the Slickster. Towards end of his
service in late 2008. He voted/supported the bailouts for
wall street, banks and others. Then just prior to departing
took many favors($$) from them.

Push him into a corner on immigration and he folds/waffles.

Because little said about his profiteering, he's back at the
taxpayer trough.

What! not crazy enough for you?

25 Jul 2010 15:18 #16 by Wayne Harrison
I'd love to see McInnis bow out when he wins the primary and then see the party select John Elway as the Republican candidate. He's the only one who could beat Hickenlooper this late in the game.

25 Jul 2010 15:45 #17 by cydl
Now there's a thought - John Elway. But I fear that McInnis will stay in it. And I think Elway wants a football team more than a political office.

I met McInnis once - I wouldn't vote for him on a bet.

26 Jul 2010 10:24 #18 by Grady
I listened to Waddems on the radio this morning; He said he would support the Republican candidate regardless of who it is. And that's why the Colorado GOP is having such a problem. It appears to me that to Waddems it’s good of the party over the good of the state or country. Even if Maes or McInnis should bow out after winning the primary it is going to appear that once again the party has anointed their candidate.

26 Jul 2010 11:47 #19 by truecolors
Time to throw them all out.

26 Jul 2010 18:41 #20 by Wayne Harrison
According to Mike Rosen on KOA this morning, the Constitutional Party is to the right of the Republican Party. He says there are not enough Republicans to elect a Republican as Governor, unless the candidate pulls swing votes. A candidate to the right of the Republican Party, backed by a third party that has never had a candidate win anything in the state, will not pull swing votes.

He also said Elway wouldn't get involved this time around. He's got enough clout to start a campaign in the future, should he desire, but why take a chance by jumping in at the last minute when he could have an entire primary season to run in the future and raise money?

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds