Break News: Mexican Terrorist Take Over TX Ranches on I-35

24 Jul 2010 14:49 #2 by Wayne Harrison
I love right-wing hysteria...

First point: this hasn't been confirmed. It's only being reported by a right-wing blog (your second link) and regurgitated by other patriot blogs (your first link, which clearly states the information is from the second link). So linking to multiple sites that have the same story from a single source doesn't really add credibility to the single source.

Second point: I love the quote from Laredo police: "We didn't have any incidents on the American side. It's hard for people to understand who don't live here," he added. "They're not Vikings, they're not going to invade us, it doesn't work that way."

Third point: from the map in the story, the ranches are way northwest of Laredo, hence way west of I-35. So why does your headline say "on I-35"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2010 08:02 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Just as I suspected..... When you see a blogger going crazy with a purported "story" and they say the MSM isn't reporting it, there's usually a good reason...

Officials know nothing of rumored Zeta standoff on Mines Road

By Nick Georgiou
Laredo Morning Times
Published: Saturday, July 24, 2010 5:38 PM CDT

Local law enforcement was bombarded with calls from across the country Saturday asking about a report that the Zetas had taken over two ranches off Mines Road.

But officials with the Laredo Police Department, Webb County Sheriff’s Department and Border Patrol said they knew nothing about such an incident, while Erik Vasys, an FBI spokesman in San Antonio, said the agency does not comment on rumors.

The report, which spread like wildfire among blogs Saturday afternoon, appears to have initially been posted on a blog called Diggers Realm.

http://www.lmtonline.com/articles/2010/ ... 438464.txt

One of the comments on the story:

More false race-baiting hysteria from the wingnuts. What a shock.

Please check under your beds for Mexicans and Black Panthers!!!!! Boo!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds