How Do Your Views Compare With the Court?

25 Jul 2010 11:32 #1 by CinnamonGirl
How Do Your Views Compare With the Court? was created by CinnamonGirl
How Your Views Compare With the Court
Answer six questions to see how your views align with those of the Roberts court and all Americans.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010 ... .html?adxn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2010 12:49 #2 by Tilt
1.Neither. Don't like trick word--your Registered weapon. A
play on words, cute.Catch 22 like.
2. What
3. Disagree/No.. Do not want non human corporations
buying politicians and sticking their nose into the peoples
business. Thats liberal??
4. I vote No/Yes. Yes one/anyone should have right to
face their accusers. Regards to terrorits-No trial
at a public court, Just Military.(max allowed death)
5. YES, rape= DEATH.
6. YEh vote, possibility to do so. At least a full 10 years prison,
on first offense. Each case different.

25 Jul 2010 15:25 #3 by Wayne Harrison

Tilt wrote: 1.Neither. Don't like trick word--your Registered weapon. A
play on words, cute.Catch 22 like.

"In general, do you agree or disagree that an individual should have a right to have a registered handgun at home?"

Yeah some trick question. It was an actual Supreme Court case.

I said "Yes."

Where you fall

In these six cases, your opinions were most closely aligned with the center of the court.

Justice John Paul Stevens
Generally votes with the liberal half of the court.
Agreed with you in 3 of 6 cases.

Justice Anthony M. Kennedy
The court’s swing voter.
Agreed with you in 4 of 6 cases.

Justice Clarence Thomas
Generally votes with the conservative half of the court.
Agreed with you in 3 of 6 cases.

25 Jul 2010 15:30 #4 by major bean
I do not believe that handguns should be registered. That is a major objection to the first question.
After tallying up the answers to #1 the poll will officially state that most of those answering the poll believe that handguns should be registered.
If you answer the question "no" because of this objection, then the poll will state that the remainder of the poll believe that handguns should not be in the home.
This is a no win - no win poll.
This poll is by the New York Times. They will use the results (no matter how bogus) and broadcast it nationwide. Of course they will give their disclaimers of how it is not scientific, but why participate in a piece of crap toll that will only misstate your views?
You cannot see question #2 without answering question #1. I went no furtuer in this poll than to look at the question and then closed the page. I will not be used in such a manner.

Regards,
Major Bean

25 Jul 2010 15:40 #5 by Wayne Harrison
It didn't ask if you think handguns should be registered. It asked which side you would come down on with regard to an actual Supreme Court decision.

It wasn't attempting to "sneak" in the registration question. It merely asked how you would vote on actual Supreme Court cases.

The poll is to see how your views compare with Supreme Court decisions. If you see something sinister in that, or are not curious how your views compare with the Supreme Court decisions, then don't take it.

25 Jul 2010 15:52 #6 by Residenttroll returns
In these six cases, your opinions were most closely aligned with the conservative half of the court.

Justice John Paul Stevens
Generally votes with the liberal half of the court.
Agreed with you in 2 of 6 cases.

Justice Anthony M. Kennedy
The court’s swing voter.
Agreed with you in 1 of 6 cases.

Justice Clarence Thomas
Generally votes with the conservative half of the court.
Agreed with you in 4 of 6 cases.

I didn't like the question "registered guns" ...I believe you have the right to bear arms without registration.

25 Jul 2010 16:24 #7 by Wayne Harrison
Wow, you agree with John Paul Stevens on 2 out of 6 cases. Guess that makes you a RINO.

25 Jul 2010 21:02 #8 by Residenttroll returns

Wayne Harrison wrote: Wow, you agree with John Paul Stevens on 2 out of 6 cases. Guess that makes you a RINO.

I noticed you were 3 out of 6 with Stevens and Thomas....that makes you a fence sitter. In other words, you don't know what you really believe - I guess that's when you decide to read DailyKos or Journolist?

25 Jul 2010 21:42 #9 by Wayne Harrison
Actually, the results came down as I expected. Middle of the road. Conservative on some issues, moderate on others. Just because someone has beliefs from both sides doesn't mean they don't know what they believe.

A fence sitter is someone who can't make up their mind on an issue. I have strong opinions on all the issues. I just don't happen to fit in the box you already put me in and my opinions aren't all liberal, as you presuppose. Believe it or not, many Americans don't fall into either the Republican or Democrat sides. They are middle-of-the-road and have different opinions about different subjects. It doesn't mean they don't know what they believe.

I have never read Journolist and didn't even know it existed until this latest conservative brewha. The last time I read DailyKos was when I followed a story link to it.

25 Jul 2010 21:47 #10 by Residenttroll returns

Wayne Harrison wrote: Actually, the results came down as I expected. Middle of the road. Conservative on some issues, moderate on others. Just because someone has beliefs from both sides doesn't mean they don't know what they believe.

A fence sitter is someone who can't make up their mind on an issue. I have strong opinions on all the issues. I just don't happen to fit in the box you already put me in and my opinions aren't all liberal, as you presuppose. Believe it or not, many Americans don't fall into either the Republican or Democrat sides. They are middle-of-the-road and have different opinions about different subjects. It doesn't mean they don't know what they believe.

I have never read Journolist and didn't even know it existed until this latest conservative brewha. The last time I read DailyKos was when I followed a story link to it.

Ok, that's fair. But, your posts sure do lean hard left on many social issues.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds