OK on Bailey medical marijuana center recommended - Flume

15 Dec 2012 15:48 #1 by Flume editor
The Park County Planning Commission voted 3-1 on Dec. 11 to recommend that the Park County Board of County Commissioners approve a conditional use permit sought by Sunrise Solutions owner Josh Grady for a downtown Bailey medical marijuana operation. Details in this week's Flume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Dec 2012 15:54 #2 by FredHayek
For Bailey residents where is the closest dispensary? And would the area have enough customers to support a storefronts? Especially considering the product has a short shelf life.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Dec 2012 17:33 #3 by The Boss
I would think this is a bad time to open a dispensary or care center or to be a doctor that does MMJ scrips. Isn't that like opening a carburetor repair shop these days. But it is a business, so success or failure is on their shoulders.

Hey, so much for the show down between the fed and the states over pot. I think it is a done deal for recreational pot.

On the other note, there are 2 or 3 of these centers in little Alma, right.

15 Dec 2012 20:04 #4 by ScienceChic

FredHayek wrote: For Bailey residents where is the closest dispensary? And would the area have enough customers to support a storefronts? Especially considering the product has a short shelf life.

Sunrise Solutions, one of our former Business Partners, operates a dispensary behind Rustic Station next to the liquor store and has since at least 2010. This permit request is for a location to grow their supplies. I have no idea where they currently get their supplies, if it's local or not, if they buy from others or grow their own but further away, but since they've had no trouble remaining in business, and are looking to expand their operations, I'd have to guess that they are doing well, or are looking to cut costs of purchasing from others/operating a greenhouse further away by growing their own nearby.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Dec 2012 09:45 #5 by akilina
As much as I hate to think it, it will unfortunately do a fantastic business in Bailey. Looks like it will need lots of security though as I don't think their product will make it to market as much as it is in demand.

We have enough issues with idiots using alcohol, prescription drugs, illegal narcotics. Now we can make medical MJ much more accessible. Terrific.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

17 Dec 2012 14:48 #6 by 2wlady
Hey, they want to sell MJ legally so they can here.

17 Dec 2012 15:03 #7 by FredHayek

akilina wrote: As much as I hate to think it, it will unfortunately do a fantastic business in Bailey. Looks like it will need lots of security though as I don't think their product will make it to market as much as it is in demand.

We have enough issues with idiots using alcohol, prescription drugs, illegal narcotics. Now we can make medical MJ much more accessible. Terrific.

Or bright side it: people might replace their booze, illegal narcotics, and prescription drugs with marijuana.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Dec 2012 15:11 #8 by akilina

FredHayek wrote:

akilina wrote: As much as I hate to think it, it will unfortunately do a fantastic business in Bailey. Looks like it will need lots of security though as I don't think their product will make it to market as much as it is in demand.

Or bright side it: people might replace their booze, illegal narcotics, and prescription drugs with marijuana.

lol

How is that the bright side?

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

17 Dec 2012 15:13 #9 by JMC
never should have been illegal in the first place. That's the "bright side".

17 Dec 2012 15:27 #10 by akilina

drop out wrote: never should have been illegal in the first place. That's the "bright side".

Tell me you are kidding. Teachers in Ecuador work very hard to keep the children safe and learning so that they can have a life outside of MJ and other drugs which are readily available.

merrywink (just spotted this one - thanks!)

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds