MI Closes 33 Schools Early Due To Mayan Doomsday Prophecy

20 Dec 2012 13:06 - 20 Dec 2012 13:56 #1 by FredHayek
Per MSN today, dozens of Michigan schools are closing early because of concerns about the world coming to an end and also some fears of a copycat CT shooting.

Really? :faint:

Sounds like a very silly excuse for schools to start vacation early. :lights:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2012 13:48 #2 by Grady

20 Dec 2012 13:50 #3 by Martin Ent Inc
Guess no one saw the Myan decendent Elders on the tv and then the new stone that shows people going on for 1000's more years.

20 Dec 2012 13:54 #4 by netdude

20 Dec 2012 14:54 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
They are democrats. The sky is always falling

20 Dec 2012 20:06 #6 by plaidvillain
Maybe they had some tip or credible info about a copycat shooter situation? I mean, if there has been a threat, and they don't do anything, then something happens...well, failure to have acted on the threat would possibly be criminal. But aren't the kids on break anyway?...maybe not until Monday? So if they get Friday off, big deal...a lot of employers will send people home early on Monday, if they're open.

By the way, does anyone know what time the world's ending tomorrow? I've got a lot to get done.

20 Dec 2012 20:17 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
Just don't be on the toilet when it happens.

20 Dec 2012 20:23 #8 by otisptoadwater
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/daily-morning-awesomeness-48.jpg?w=500&h=333
So the Mayan calendar runs out tomorrow, 12/21/12 @11:11 AM. What time zones did the Mayans live in?

In the meanwhile, several schools in Michigan aren't taking any chances:

DETROIT – Dozens of schools in two Michigan counties have canceled classes for the rest of the week amid rumored threats of violence and problems related to doomsday scenarios based on the Mayan calendar.

[url]Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/20/do ... z2Fdpfon1Z[/url]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

21 Dec 2012 08:11 #9 by Rick
Looks like we're still here... another good lesson for these kids that got a day off.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Dec 2012 08:51 #10 by otisptoadwater
I'm going to wear a motorcycle helmet 24/7 to keep myself safe from space junk falling out of the sky! If it saves just one life wouldn't it be worth it?

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds