Person of The Year

21 Dec 2012 07:58 #11 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Person of The Year

on that note wrote: It is good to honor heroes, but I doubt she is the biggest hero of the year, surely there is someone who helped hundreds or thousands out of poverty or away from death. I have no issue honoring her, just not to say she is the biggest this year.

Any national leader from any country is automatically disqualified in my mind because they have blood on their hands, torture in their hearts and oppression in their soul. Even though I don't believe in the place.....someone most would easily argue, if you believed, is going to hell cannot be a hero - even if we asked him or her to do what he or she did, it was their job to be moral and not do it.

She was great, honor, but get off the bandwagon, on an annual or worldwide level, this event is not near the top. I would have preferred to know none of their names, shooter or victim, at least now I only have heard the name of one victim and not the shooter.

It's not about being on a bandwagon or anything other than honoring someone who was completely defenseless and tried to shield the even more defenseless during the worst moments of her young life. Show me one example of someone more deserving.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds