Person of The Year

20 Dec 2012 19:00 #1 by Rick
Person of The Year was created by Rick
I would put this woman up against anyone... show my someone, anyone, who deserves it more. I realize the president already has it based on his being reelected, but if I were him, I would relinquish that title to her in a public speech.

How many of you feel like me that this woman deserves to be honored in a big way? I respect what our military does every day, but this woman went to battle without armor or a weapon and shielded those kids to her last breath.

This is a hero.

If you only remember one name from this tragedy, remember hers and forget his.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2012 19:13 #2 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Person of The Year
Deeds make a hero not words; Vicky Soto and many others across multiple tragic school shootings joined the hero roster when they acted to defend the innocent from the evil.

I have nothing but disdain for Time magazine, Obama is the last person that deserves any honor of any kind.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

20 Dec 2012 19:16 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Person of The Year
Have to disagree. Time chose correctly. BHO will have done trillions of dollars in damage to the country by the time 2016 rolls around. Plus he managed to get re-elected with a higher unemployment rate than when he started. Hitler was also once Time's man of the year too.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Dec 2012 19:18 #4 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Person of The Year

FredHayek wrote: Have to disagree. Time chose correctly. BHO will have done trillions of dollars in damage to the country by the time 2016 rolls around. Plus he managed to get re-elected with a higher unemployment rate than when he started.

Person of the Year ='s Person Who Caused the Most Damage in a Year? I may stand corrected...

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

20 Dec 2012 19:22 #5 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Person of The Year

Heisenberg wrote: I would put this woman up against anyone... show my someone, anyone, who deserves it more. I realize the president already has it based on his being reelected, but if I were him, I would relinquish that title to her in a public speech.

How many of you feel like me that this woman deserves to be honored in a big way? I respect what our military does every day, but this woman went to battle without armor or a weapon and shielded those kids to her last breath.

This is a hero.

If you only remember one name from this tragedy, remember hers and forget his.

You got my vote.

20 Dec 2012 19:48 #6 by plaidvillain
Replied by plaidvillain on topic Person of The Year
Agreed.

20 Dec 2012 21:50 #7 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Person of The Year
Me too.

20 Dec 2012 21:56 #8 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic Person of The Year
agreed, there are a lot of people more worthy than Obama. But they already had the glossy, ready for printing.

21 Dec 2012 05:46 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Person of The Year
Don't worry. Next year there will only be the digital version available.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Dec 2012 07:33 #10 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic Person of The Year
It is good to honor heroes, but I doubt she is the biggest hero of the year, surely there is someone who helped hundreds or thousands out of poverty or away from death. I have no issue honoring her, just not to say she is the biggest this year.

Any national leader from any country is automatically disqualified in my mind because they have blood on their hands, torture in their hearts and oppression in their soul. Even though I don't believe in the place.....someone most would easily argue, if you believed, is going to hell cannot be a hero - even if we asked him or her to do what he or she did, it was their job to be moral and not do it.

She was great, honor, but get off the bandwagon, on an annual or worldwide level, this event is not near the top. I would have preferred to know none of their names, shooter or victim, at least now I only have heard the name of one victim and not the shooter.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds