For those who want more civil discussion...

11 Jan 2013 12:49 #21 by FredHayek
But your signature says you don't listen to Lush Rimbaud...so you must be lying.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jan 2013 12:51 #22 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: Gee, I learned it from Limbaugh... I guess it's come full circle right back to the Rightie echo-chamber.

And you have to follow Limbaugh? I thought you didn't listen to him...

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

11 Jan 2013 12:51 #23 by LadyJazzer
I hear excerpts of him on MSNBC... I don't have to listen to his garbage...

So you must be lying... Your turn.

11 Jan 2013 13:49 #24 by Rick

Raees wrote: They get it from people like Rush Limbaugh who regularly change names of things (and people) to denigrate them. I use Limbaugh as an example because he seems to do it the most. I don't see Fox doing it. But many of the posters on here have picked up the practice and do it, as Soulshiner points out.

Before that, the Obama haters tried always using his middle name when referencing him, but found out it didn't bother liberals, so they mostly stopped.

You mean like:
FauxNexs
RMoney
Teabagger
GOTP
Boner
Randtard
Mitt the Twit
Mittens

There's many more

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Jan 2013 13:52 #25 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: I hear excerpts of him on MSNBC... I don't have to listen to his garbage...

So you must be lying... Your turn.

Seems pretty unfair to only hear Rush that way. Suppose I cut and pasted you at your most virulent and stuck it in my signature, would you like people to know you only at your worst, (or only at your best?)

I prefer to judge by the body of their work and why I listen to hours of NPR every day, and read the actual points the source material wants to highlight themselves.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jan 2013 13:56 #26 by LadyJazzer
Oh, you can't possibly mean that you think listening to excerpts is "not fair."

[youtube:3pq4xnbk]
[/youtube:3pq4xnbk]

No, actually, watching Rush's excerpts of calling women sluts, and going ballistic over lies and distortions of his own making, is more than sufficient.

11 Jan 2013 17:20 #27 by The Boss

Soulshiner wrote: So how am I supposed to respond to this from <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/285forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25375&start=130 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25375&start=130<!-- l -->:

akilina wrote: Yea and that is why s***shiner does it. And I didn't say sh*tshiner. I just don't see the soul so as a courtesy he is s***shiner. Sorry you don't see it that way.

FredHayek wrote:

Heisenberg wrote: Shoeshiner?

Goodfellas: "Get your shinebox."
I like it! :thumbsup:

How am i supposed to take these as anything but personal insults that add nothing to the discussion? Where are the objections from those who have been calling for a less vile 285, who want to discuss the issues and object to these types of posts? I would really like to see some of you act on what you are so desperate for and call posts like these out. Otherwise, you are showing that your words are empty and are really only interested in silencing the posters you don't like.

If YOU want a more civil 285, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

You can feel free to copy and paste this:

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

or

We are trying to have a discussion about a topic and the most you can do to further that discussion is to try and distract by typing my name in a way that can not only be interpreted as shit, but then say directly that you feel I have no soul. This is not only far too deep for an on line discussion, it just feels childish. I am happy to defend my perspectives, I just ask that limit your name calling and defend your perspective. You actions make it seem like you don't have much confidence in what you are saying.

or

I would just move name calling threads to the Ring. So perhaps you could report the post and request this. If enough threads get moved there, we can have an all out shit show there or people will have incentive to stop having entire threads moved because they ruined them. The classmates will start to get more and more pissed at the offender, and hopefully not at the teacher.

11 Jan 2013 17:32 #28 by FOS
lost cause

11 Jan 2013 17:38 #29 by Rick

Soulshiner wrote: So how am I supposed to respond to this from <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/285forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25375&start=130 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25375&start=130<!-- l -->:

akilina wrote: Yea and that is why s***shiner does it. And I didn't say sh*tshiner. I just don't see the soul so as a courtesy he is s***shiner. Sorry you don't see it that way.

FredHayek wrote:

Heisenberg wrote: Shoeshiner?

Goodfellas: "Get your shinebox."
I like it! :thumbsup:

How am i supposed to take these as anything but personal insults that add nothing to the discussion? Where are the objections from those who have been calling for a less vile 285, who want to discuss the issues and object to these types of posts? I would really like to see some of you act on what you are so desperate for and call posts like these out. Otherwise, you are showing that your words are empty and are really only interested in silencing the posters you don't like.

If YOU want a more civil 285, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

I was merely asking a question of the person who wrote this "S***shiner" who said it wasn't meant to be this "Sh*tshiner". I was just trying to establish what kind of insult (if any) it was. I was in now way mocking your name and never addressed you personally... the question was for someone else who I have already forgotten. My appoligizies for any offense taken.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Jan 2013 19:45 #30 by akilina
No insult. I was being nice just not overboard cuz I really don't think his name really reflects him. So I decided on something I could live with. Doesn't violate TOS and after seeing all the crap that is allowed, especially from LJ, the pet favorite, I will continue to call him S***shiner. :biggrin:

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds