Oh those fun loving Democrats

21 Jan 2013 11:03 #1 by Grady

Nevada legislator Brooks arrested, accused of threatening Assembly speaker
Assemblyman Steven Brooks was arrested Saturday night on a charge of threatening Nevada Assembly Speaker Marilyn Kirkpatrick.

State Sen. Kelvin Atkinson said Sunday he informed Kirkpatrick of Brooks' threat against her. Atkinson said Brooks had been telling people Kirkpatrick's "first day as speaker would be her last."
Brooks was arrested without incident during a traffic stop near Carey Avenue and Mount Hood Street. A law enforcement source said a gun was found in Brooks' car.

Las Vegas Journal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2013 11:27 #2 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Oh those fun loving Democrats
I thought your side wanted everyone to be armed? Curious the story doesn't mention if he was legally carrying (had a gun permit), but he does sound like he was going off his rocker:

"He said, 'She's out to get me,' " the lawmaker said.

Good thing they got him before he acted out on his paranoia.

21 Jan 2013 15:41 #3 by navycpo7

Raees wrote: I thought your side wanted everyone to be armed? Curious the story doesn't mention if he was legally carrying (had a gun permit), but he does sound like he was going off his rocker:

"He said, 'She's out to get me,' " the lawmaker said.

Good thing they got him before he acted out on his paranoia.

Please show me where "the your side" stated they wanted everyone to be armed. Now I do believe it has been said that it should be the right of the individual to be armed legally if that is what they desire to do.

21 Jan 2013 17:30 #4 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Oh those fun loving Democrats
Sorry, I thought the NRA was on your side. So Wayne LaPierre isn't advocating more guns then. Good to know.

I still wonder if he had a gun permit. If he did, there was nothing wrong with him having a gun.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds