DPS Solar Plan Million Dollar Boondoggle

31 Jan 2013 19:16 #1 by FredHayek
[url=http://www.denverpost.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.denverpost.com[/url] breaking news. Trying to do the green thing might cost millions of dollars that could have been spent on kids and smaller class sizes.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jan 2013 23:49 #2 by archer
Your link is just to the Denver Post web site.....I couldn't find a story about a DPS green energy plan, I did find an opinion piece about the Colorado Energy Office.....is that what you are referring to?......there was nothing in the piece about DPS.

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_22 ... ney-wisely

01 Feb 2013 06:24 #3 by FredHayek
It was there last night as part of breaking news. 710 KNUS was also reporting on this misuse of education funding.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Feb 2013 07:40 #4 by Nobody that matters

01 Feb 2013 07:47 #5 by Beeks
The article states nothing about cost of the project, other than that it's a private/public partnership. The cost would come if the district backed out of the project. Don't back out, and all is well.

01 Feb 2013 08:04 #6 by Nobody that matters

Beeks wrote: The article states nothing about cost of the project, other than that it's a private/public partnership. The cost would come if the district backed out of the project. Don't back out, and all is well.

I believe the issue people are having a problem with is not in the 'backing out', but that DPS didn't involve the public when they entered in to the agreements in the first place.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

01 Feb 2013 08:16 #7 by Beeks
The OP commented on "millions of dollars that could have been spent on kids and smaller class sizes" and "this misuse of education funding". Should DPS have been more open and transparent in the planning process? Yeah, but that's not what the thread was premised upon.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds