Park County Deputy Trial

08 Feb 2013 18:21 #11 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Park County Deputy Trial

deltamrey wrote: IMHO the real issue here is the use of guns by deputies with kids near.....what if a kid had been killed.......unfortunately as reported one deputy shot himself in the leg......what ??
Oh well at least they did not call a swat team.....

Were the kids around when the shot was fired?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2013 22:25 #12 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Park County Deputy Trial
yep

10 Feb 2013 10:55 #13 by Let the Wildlife run PC
so it's my understanding that "I" can go out and accidentally find a "Kegger" being held out in the woods, oh lets say sometime around graduation.. as you look around you notice that 98% of the kids are underage.....

I stand back witnessing these shenanigans going on, decide to pull out my glock and start shooting at the keg with my bullets ricocheting everywhere, not a care in the world if one might hit a kid and kill him... but it's kind-of funny, so my buddies that are with me decide to start shooting too....

BUT,....they're in Park County.... you'll only get a slap on the wrist and a $100 fine....

You can bet your life, your charges would have been a lot higher had you NOT had a badge on.... wow this sounds really back-ass-wards doesn't it? Good ol' Park County,...whats the saying? "If you want to commit a crime, and get away with it, do it in Park County,...even if you're a cop"... things never change.... They didn't even lose their jobs did they?

10 Feb 2013 11:29 #14 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Park County Deputy Trial

Wake-up PC wrote: so it's my understanding that "I" can go out and accidentally find a "Kegger" being held out in the woods, oh lets say sometime around graduation.. as you look around you notice that 98% of the kids are underage.....

I stand back witnessing these shenanigans going on, decide to pull out my glock and start shooting at the keg with my bullets ricocheting everywhere, not a care in the world if one might hit a kid and kill him... but it's kind-of funny, so my buddies that are with me decide to start shooting too....

BUT,....they're in Park County.... you'll only get a slap on the wrist and a $100 fine....

You can bet your life, your charges would have been a lot higher had you NOT had a badge on.... wow this sounds really back-ass-wards doesn't it? Good ol' Park County,...whats the saying? "If you want to commit a crime, and get away with it, do it in Park County,...even if you're a cop"... things never change.... They didn't even lose their jobs did they?

They were let go, just a week or so after the event. All 3 of the deputies.

10 Feb 2013 12:17 #15 by FOS
The Park County Sheriff's office did the right thing on this one. They deserve some credit for that.
I am all about calling folks out when they are wrong but when they do it right.....well....you should be big enough to give them their due.....no matter how you feel about them personally.

10 Feb 2013 16:54 #16 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Park County Deputy Trial
You have to also think the police in metro areas would have their hands slapped harder.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Feb 2013 17:42 #17 by Let the Wildlife run PC
I think they should have been terminated because they were police officers.... Why on earth would anyone in their right mind think their "slap on the hands" was the correct punishment in this situation? Oh thats right, our cops are a joke..... What a horrible example of the law for those teenagers, just like a video game nothings reality.... I could just see them all now standing around laughing at the "ricocheting" and almost grazing heads, oh ha, ha....

15 Feb 2013 08:52 #18 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Park County Deputy Trial
They were terminated just after the incident and have been waiting for a court date.

You really need to have the available information before you start ranting about something.

15 Feb 2013 09:04 #19 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Park County Deputy Trial

Blazer Bob wrote: Were the kids around when the shot was fired?

I thought I read in the court report that all the kids had either ran into the woods or had been ticketed and already left. And that the deputies had returned to remove or disable the keg with firepower. I don't think there were kids around the keg during the tragic shooting.
:violin:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

15 Feb 2013 09:35 #20 by FOS
I think you are correct PF. The only teenager that remained was the one who's birthday was being celebrated.
Like I said....Park County did the right thing here. Individuals have been held accountable.
Nothing to see here......Movin on.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds