Retail Recreational Marijuana?

13 Dec 2013 08:00 #11 by Pony Soldier
I believe Bailey is welcoming it. Park County did not opt out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Dec 2013 08:05 #12 by Pony Soldier
Someone gave me a small plant in exchange for some work I did for them a tear or so ago. That little plant produced almost a pound of ganja and I almost never partake so I'm pretty well set for life. I'm not sure this is going to go like they think it will.

13 Dec 2013 08:18 #13 by The Boss

towermonkey wrote: Someone gave me a small plant in exchange for some work I did for them a tear or so ago. That little plant produced almost a pound of ganja and I almost never partake so I'm pretty well set for life. I'm not sure this is going to go like they think it will.

Smoking it, not so illegal. What you just described, I think the opposite. Using it for payment, the person having to account for it in their taxes (and likely not). A standard citizen (in stead of a higher class one with govt permission) owning a pound.

Not immoral, but illegal.

13 Dec 2013 08:19 #14 by The Boss
There are rumors of a big facility coming to Park County up in the Park. Everyone will be all set.

13 Dec 2013 08:31 #15 by FredHayek
Marijuana does grow like a weed afterall. lol
I remember a few decades back, a guy in Oklahoma was selling maps that showed where wild MJ groves were. The police didn't know what to arrest him for. He wasn't selling drugs, maybe contributing to the delinquency of a minor if he sold the maps to teens.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Dec 2013 10:01 #16 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Retail Recreational Marijuana?

on that note wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Someone gave me a small plant in exchange for some work I did for them a tear or so ago. That little plant produced almost a pound of ganja and I almost never partake so I'm pretty well set for life. I'm not sure this is going to go like they think it will.

Smoking it, not so illegal. What you just described, I think the opposite. Using it for payment, the person having to account for it in their taxes (and likely not). A standard citizen (in stead of a higher class one with govt permission) owning a pound.

It shouldn't be any more illegal than other forms of barter as long as it's a legal product in the first place. I'm a big advocate for bartering and try to use it whenever possible. Gov't can kiss my trading ass.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Dec 2013 12:04 #17 by Ronbo

FredHayek wrote: I was at the Bronco game last night and present with the smells of burgers and dogs was ganja.

Judging from how they played I bet the smell was coming from the Bronco's bench and/or huddle.

13 Dec 2013 15:06 #18 by Pony Soldier
I just found out a friend of mine is going through Chemo. I just gave him enough munchies to get through it hopefully.

14 Dec 2013 07:45 #19 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Retail Recreational Marijuana?

towermonkey wrote: I just found out a friend of mine is going through Chemo. I just gave him enough munchies to get through it hopefully.

:like: In my own situation, eating it made me more sick at times and is far harder to "fine tune"... but I think my sister made the edibles too strong. I used a VapirOne vaporizer which doesn't put the bad stuff in your lungs and it only takes a little at a time to get instant relief from nausia and gave me more of an appetite (which is VERY important).

Very cool of you to help your friend this way!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Dec 2013 09:52 #20 by The Boss

Rick wrote:

on that note wrote:

It shouldn't be any more illegal than other forms of barter as long as it's a legal product in the first place. I'm a big advocate for bartering and try to use it whenever possible. Gov't can kiss my trading ass.

When the public voted in legal mj, my understanding is the vote was specific to say it cannot be sold or used for anything of value, this was legally removed.

I don't like the laws, but bartering of things that still are legally allowed to retain value still has employment, sales, income tax and other consequences. I dont like it. It pains me to even used phrases like "things that are legally allowed to retain value". I wish people would think about this, but when you voted in legal MJ, this book was opened wider.

Kinda ironic, the laws being broken as one improperly trades or buys or sells a small amount of MJ now are larger than when it was illegal. But we live in the new world where the laws will only be enforced if they want to get you. Enjoy all the laws with no rule of law.

You need to think about the economy in new ways as we vote to restrict it more. Pot was not legalized as a normal good. It was allowed under a highly contorted system that will be highly selectively enforced. So trade and barter on, but it is illegal from my understanding without a lot of paperwork and taxes. Societies rules, most certainly not mine.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds