CO POT Model

27 Feb 2013 12:05 #1 by deltamrey
CO POT Model was created by deltamrey
To take a quote from Horace Greely if I may: “Do not lounge in the cities! There is room and health in the country, away from the crowds of idlers and imbeciles. Go West, before you are fitted for no life but that of the factory”. “If you have no family or friends to aid you, turn your face to The Great West and there build up your home and fortune.” Both quotations are by the Editor of the New York Tribune in 1841, Horace Greeley.

Excellent article addressing the huge POT industry in CAL.......pardon I know some here are not fans of the forth largest economy on planet earth....whatever........see SLATE http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... _pacs.html

This article explains clearly where CO will be in a few short years......the CO people have spoken and the locals will have no choice for long (they will squirm, babble, pontificate, whine, etc., etc., etc).......the economics in the near term will rule as alcohol revenues did circa prohibition. The price acording to SLATE of an OUNCE of good POT goes for as much as $4000....and a high percentage of the CAL pot (and CO POT) goes East to the streets of NYC, etc. Elimination of billions of police and courts and jail costs will be a sane move and the local economies will be tony for a few years until the marketplace floods. Catch the wave.....

FYI - I have never used pot in any form......probably never will. Get that out of the way. I am neutral in the battle, but no fool and in USA $$$$$$$ rule.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Feb 2013 12:10 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic CO POT Model
But will NIMBY's and the police/private prison system win in the end? They can buy lobbyists too and many jurisdictions in Colorado do not want retail MJ operations in their communities. Supposedly the liquor industry helped fund some of the ads that were used to keep retail MJ out of California a couple years ago.
Many influential groups have combined to fight this. Remember the horror story ads we were hearing about marijuana being legalized?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Feb 2013 12:38 #3 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic CO POT Model
Tha horror stories......hummmmmm....operative is the word STORY. Read the SLATE article......NEVER has in the USA dark, draconian
movements against freedom effectivey functioned for long in the arena of aclohol, POT and guns.......this is America.
I am not for POT, I am not against POT, I am not for Alcohol, I am not against Alcohol, I am not for gay marriage, I am not against gay marriage........hope you get the point.....I am FOR FREEDOM. CO people have sopken....CAL is the model IMHO....so why waste time with BS pontification and petty local politics. MOVE ON.

IF Americans are forced to do anything that is essentially unacceptable regardless of ordinances they will find a way around the constraints (usually "legally").......look into GUN TRUSTS BTW
drones will be neutralized via EMP devices (drones at low altitudes can be blinded and brought down via tazers - technically.........piece of cake).....available....so it has always been, so it is.

28 Feb 2013 05:12 #4 by The Dude
Replied by The Dude on topic CO POT Model

deltamrey wrote: The price acording to SLATE of an OUNCE of good POT goes for as much as $4000....and a high percentage of the CAL pot (and CO POT) goes East to the streets of NYC, etc..

I think you meant $4000 a pound NOT $4000 an ounce.

28 Feb 2013 05:25 #5 by FredHayek
Wow prices have really gone up since my college days! Or that is really good stuff. One puff comatose.

28 Feb 2013 06:53 #6 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic CO POT Model
Read the article....the price IF you read closely is on the street East coast......that would be NYC, WDC, etc.
The quality is a tech discussion......you use the best I assume,........since I do not.

28 Feb 2013 07:04 #7 by FredHayek
Drug prices are usually over dramatized, like bottle prices at a nightclub. I am betting 99% of stoners aren't paying $1000 an ounce, much less $4000 an ounce. The ads in Westword for medical mj are much more reasonable.

28 Feb 2013 08:26 #8 by The Dude
Replied by The Dude on topic CO POT Model
From the article

"(New York is the most coveted market; a pound of pot that goes for $1,300 in California can be sold for $3,000 to $4,000 there.)"

02 Mar 2013 09:53 #9 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic CO POT Model
Folks Colorado's days as pot central are numbered. While the state is figuring out how to get it's share, other states are catching up and they are much closer to the NY market. Colorado is in the middle of no where surrounded by state police from other states that HATE green plates. Plus NY will legalize within years/months too. Just about all the states near it have.

Pot is just a commodity. There are no new things going on here. Just govt trying to get it's cut and keep the value up (so that taxes and takings stay high).

If you want to make money on POT, now is the time to leave Colorado and go somewhere that was like CO a few years back and ride the building of the wave all over again.

Remember when they regulated dispensaries into care centers and flooded the high school market? Who did this, the govt backed up by soccer moms. The CO govt model is about money for those in power and nothing else. They were even willing to drug kids to get the $. I say boooo to the Colorado pot model, just more manipulation of markets.

Then after CO legalized rec weed they say that adult tourists can use it, like the state has the right to give or deny the permission already granted by the US Constitution. What's next, they grant out of state drivers permission to drive in CO...They allow for unwarranted searches of homes, there is nothing revere about how this state denies the facts around pot and free markets.

02 Mar 2013 10:43 #10 by FredHayek
Denver Post said today MMJ dispensaries are closing. I wonder why. The fad of medical MJ is over? Not enough profit to stay open? Banks and regulations too troublesome?

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds