To anyone interested in our NEW (2008) barking dog law

02 Aug 2010 17:02 #1 by RidinHy06
This is an FYI on how Park County officials refuse to follow the laws. This law was passed May 29th, 2008. If you have a barking dog issue, animal control is STILL oblivious to this document. They think you need write a statement. According to this law Lee Phillips passed two years ago, in the presence of JOHN TIGHE, no you don't! Since Mark Hancock was Cc'd on this he should have let ALL the deputies and AC know of this. They STILL insist this document doesn't exist. Go figure!

Original Message
To:
Cc: .
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:43 AM
Subject: Attached
As requested I attach a copy of the resolution adopted by the BOCC this morning.

Herbert C. (Lee) Phillips
Hayes, Phillips, Hoffmann & Carberry, P.C.
P.O. Box 1046
675 Main Street
Fairplay. CO 80440
(719) 836-9005
Fax: (719) 836-9010

PARK COUNTY, COLORADO
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
Resolution No. 2008____

A RESOLUTION REPEALING AND REENACTING SECTION 15 OF RESOLUTION NO. 95-11 RELATING TO BARKING DOGS.

BE IT RESOLVED BY THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF THE COUNTY OF PARK, STATE OF COLORADO, that the following Resolution is hereby adopted.

Section 15 of Resolution No. 95-11 is hereby repealed in its entirety and reenacted to read as follows:

15. Barking Dogs.

a. It is unlawful for any person to own or keep any dog which disturbs the peace of any other person or neighborhood by loud, habitual, untimely or persistent barking, howling yelping, or whining. Any peace officer may impound such dog if the peace officer is unable to contact the owner or keeper of the dog and the officer reasonably determines that the dog is disturbing the peace of the neighborhood.

b. It is an affirmative offense to a charge under this section that the dog was barking due to provocation.

Moved, seconded, and approved this ___ day of ___________, 20__.

PARK COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS

ATTEST:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Aug 2010 08:06 #2 by Tilt
Please don't be disappointed if they don't remove that weasal law. Remember we are still under punishment for not approving
their tax rate hikes(Votes). Word "punishment" per the old
quarterly news letters they used to send out.

But I can dig it-when one continues to try :crossed: :thumbsup: (GO RidinHy06!!!, ?No
idea where that came from GO R_ _ _. ??a glitch?)

05 Aug 2010 12:58 #3 by mugwump
Ladies and gentlemen. Albert Einstein developed a theory predicting distortions in the fabric of time. Park County operates on its own unique theory which permits distortion in laws. Park County laws are actually energy fields that radiate from the heads of the County Commissioners. Because of its special status, the PCSO shields itself by using heavy steel vehicles and deception shields. Outside laws do not penetrate and affect the PCSO judgment, or lack thereof. Park County and Colorado laws, the United States Constitution and Newton's Laws gave no effect so the Office makes up its own laws.

When it comes to barking dogs and unlawful occupation by more than a reasonable number of dogs the Sheriff's office has decided that because dogs themselves do not complain to the PCSO, they are granted are of higher status than human residents who do complain.

After the coming Republican Primary ratifies Fred Wegener as Sheriff for Life he will make up a new law which labels humans who complain about dogs threats to public order.

The fact that there have been no complaints to the PCSO about humans demonstrates that dogs deserve enhanced rights to free bark and the right to assemble in large packs.

S W A T
Spit Wag And Threaten

05 Aug 2010 13:18 #4 by LOL
Very good mugwump. I have found that written complaints to animal control are useless too. No response, no mailed warnings, no drive-by to verify the complaint. Zilch.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

05 Aug 2010 13:39 #5 by Photo-fish
Too bad dogs can't vote.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

05 Aug 2010 13:55 #6 by Tilt
Complaints to animal control useless, ---Too??
First it was the roads, no response.
Then taxpayers called BOCC, no response.
Then taxpayers said stop the lot splits, no response
Then taxpayers yelled stop allowing homes with small
lots/ridgelines from taking our serenity/views, response
more coming.
Then taxpayers SCREAMED don't take our water, Ignored.
Then BOCC and Land Water Trust-trustees want our trust
money for their New ventures..(Sport Stadium, Comm Bldg?)

:bash :bash :bash What next.

05 Aug 2010 16:39 #7 by mugwump

Photo-fish wrote: Too bad dogs can't vote.

Taken directly from Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3 of the United States Constitution the PCSO has drafted a proposed Resolution to put before the Board of County Commissioners.

Proposed Resolution 2010-11-121A

The apportionment of taxes collected in Park County and total resident votes shall be determined by the number of registered voters added to three fifths of the number of owned dogs. The cumulative number of votes apportioned to an owner's dog(s) shall be added to the votes held by the dog owners. Being that each dog is counted as a fractional vote the cumulative dog votes for each owner shall ne rounded up to the next whole number.

The Park County Sheriff's Office will charged with the responsibility for enforcement of this resolution.

One man one vote!
One dog 3/5 vote!

05 Aug 2010 16:53 #8 by The Boss
Hey Tilt,

Just want to let you know that my Commissioner always calls me back or answers his phone. I am not sure if I am going to vote for him, but others have compared him to cute animals lately. The R/B dept has been pretty good with my road, does not return calls or always to maint when I request, but my road is always passable (short of the odd drift) and when it has not been they have responded not only quickly, but with supervisors knee deep in mud far after quitting time. Not perfect, but not a major sore from my perspective.

Do I feel that I really have a voice, not really, but that is fairly typical. It also seems like there are a few issues that you are the only one screaming about (ball field, ridgeline homes on property you don't own or didn't even try to buy, some water on land you don't own that will effect your well which was never guaranteed.) I certainly have my personal gripes, but I am wondering, are there others bothered by these issues that Tilt brought up. Lillian seemed to think he was making stuff up. What is up.

If people want to live in the country, why live so close to a neighbor that you would even have to complain, and please don't cry poverty. And once LO does not follow up to your satisfaction, why not some real fighting, music, recordings of dogs, perhaps some smells. Once LO does not care, the message boards ain't gonna fix this one. Fix it yourself, make them want to shut their dogs up. I just hope that anyone that has ever complained about a barking dog to LO has never ever ever gone over the speed limit, because that would clearly be a danger to your fellow man and negate your right to complain about much more petty things.

There is such a unique mix in park county. People that just want to be left alone on their land and people that want to regulate absolutely everything you do at every moment in every place and feel that if they don't the community will obviously go to hell, right along with the people that despite a law for every last little movement of an ant's leg, feel that there is just not enough rules or enforcement. Maybe we need some more incorporation.

Despite that mugwump=funny

I will point out for those that did not know, and complain about barking dogs, that your small lot (I assume is small if you can hear your neighbor's dog) is now illegal, meaning that you could not even create it today, probably because it would result in too many people complaining that they could not afford their neighbor's land, echem I mean neighbor's barking dog. So we as a community have figured out that your small lot is just as much of a nuisance to the community as the barking dog, fortunate for you, you are already there and the law that actually makes us tear down houses on these small lots, again because of all the complaining, is likely still at least one election cycle off. Remember that if the BOCC feels that there is a better use for your land in regards to the community, they can take it and sell it to someone else. Thing we have corruption, it could get to that point and has in a number of places in the us - something like a walmart replacing a house because it will obviously do more for the community, like a road.

This is the most urban place I have ever lived and hate to break it to the country newcomers, but barking dogs are part of being in the country....just like making peace with your neighbor. I have been through some pretty big local conflicts and have always come out with friends. The more you piss off your country neighbor, the more you must ever hesitate to leave your house unprotected. People that live close enough to be bothered by a dog also live close enough for them to know every little aspect of your life, when you come and go, how you use your resources. Just not smart to piss off your country neighbors, no matter how many laws you know how to cite. Local example, N1 pisses of N2, N1 is seasonal, N2 is full year, N1 comes back to their house in February and for some reason someone shut off the propane. $3000 later most of N1's pipes are fixed and with a little more money they can now patch up the walls, ceiling and floor, later to replace the other items that were damaged. Who ya gonna call? Not the SO, the plumber.

05 Aug 2010 17:09 #9 by LOL

...but barking dogs are part of being in the country.

Is that based on written law or your opinion? It is actually much worse in urban areas/close spaces.

People that live close enough to be bothered by a dog....

You would need to buy >100 acres to have a buffer zone.

Its a matter of common sense and courtesy. Just another opinion. And I am not talking about the 5 minute barkers, there are all day chronic/bored barking dogs that are the problem.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

05 Aug 2010 19:39 #10 by RHT08
THIS LAW WONT FLY CAUSE THE 2 ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICERS ARE TOO BUSY CHASHING AROUND DEPUTIES AND DETECTIVES, HAVING TO REALLY DO THEIR JOBS WOULD CUT INTO THIS TIME!!!! :lol: rofllol

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds