CONIFER VFW BREAKFAST THIS SUNDAY

22 Apr 2013 07:31 #21 by Reverend Revelant
It was the largest crowd I've seen since around Oct. Food was good as usual and I even ran into a liberal :)

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2013 09:12 #22 by ScienceChic

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: It was the largest crowd I've seen since around Oct. Food was good as usual and I even ran into a liberal :)

And if you hadn't been sitting down, I might've tripped you too, just for good measure! lol :biggrin: Or did you mean another liberal, as I definitely wasn't the only one there! The line was to the door from 9am to 10am solid, no letting up - good to see that many folks coming in! We'll do our offer again another month - anyone wearing a 285Bound t-shirt gets breakfast on us! Can't do next month (unless I can pay after a tally is taken) because I'll have to bug out early - working the tri-Chamber booth at the Mountain Area Home & Garden Show before our 285Bound lunch that day!

navy - the food was great but they ran out of bacon at one point - that's just inviting a riot ya know! :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Apr 2013 10:59 #23 by Blazer Bob

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: It was the largest crowd I've seen since around Oct. Food was good as usual and I even ran into a liberal :)

I did not know you had come out of the closet. I might have to go to breakfast next time. I am curious to see if I can spot your horns or forked tail.

22 Apr 2013 11:04 #24 by FOS
It was a great crowd. It is always wonderful to see so many neighbors supporting our veterans.
Didn't realize that Mrs Colorado was right here from Conifer.

23 Apr 2013 07:29 #25 by navycpo7

Dimplszzz wrote: Well, since you asked....

Everything was wonderful - but the gravy for the biscuits & gravy actually tasted like it came out of a can. I was pretty disappointed in that. But everything else was fabulous!

I will look into this, I promise you it is not out of a can, so not sure what happened, unfortunately, I have been absent the last couple of breakfasts, but the folks that step in having been doing a great job. Not sure if they left out a very important part to it. Not a lot of people use it, but I do and I do not care much for gravy, but it sure makes it taste good. Thanks for the input.

23 Apr 2013 07:31 #26 by navycpo7

Science Chic wrote:

And if you hadn't been sitting down, I might've tripped you too, just for good measure! lol :biggrin: Or did you mean another liberal, as I definitely wasn't the only one there! The line was to the door from 9am to 10am solid, no letting up - good to see that many folks coming in! We'll do our offer again another month - anyone wearing a 285Bound t-shirt gets breakfast on us! Can't do next month (unless I can pay after a tally is taken) because I'll have to bug out early - working the tri-Chamber booth at the Mountain Area Home & Garden Show before our 285Bound lunch that day!

navy - the food was great but they ran out of bacon at one point - that's just inviting a riot ya know! :wink:

That should never happen. My understanding they got busy real fast and caught them off guard. I will be at the next breakfast for sure, I will actually be in town. It is great to get input and help us improve. Makes for a better breakfast and for a better day.

Come by and say hello.

23 Apr 2013 08:48 #27 by FOS
I actually liked the gravy.

23 Apr 2013 08:54 #28 by ScienceChic

navycpo7 wrote:

Science Chic wrote: And if you hadn't been sitting down, I might've tripped you too, just for good measure! lol :biggrin: Or did you mean another liberal, as I definitely wasn't the only one there! The line was to the door from 9am to 10am solid, no letting up - good to see that many folks coming in! We'll do our offer again another month - anyone wearing a 285Bound t-shirt gets breakfast on us! Can't do next month (unless I can pay after a tally is taken) because I'll have to bug out early - working the tri-Chamber booth at the Mountain Area Home & Garden Show before our 285Bound lunch that day!

That should never happen. My understanding they got busy real fast and caught them off guard. I will be at the next breakfast for sure, I will actually be in town. It is great to get input and help us improve. Makes for a better breakfast and for a better day.

Come by and say hello.

What? Me tripping TLGT? I'm innocent, I swear! :wink: J/K, all they need is you back on bacon duty navy and we'll be right as rain again! I've noticed that the crowd really starts to arrive just after 9am so maybe that'll help you prepare for the rush, but no worries - we just wait patiently for more, it's worth it! :thumbsup: I don't usually have the biscuits and gravy (way too many refined carbs for me), but Dimplszzzz ate all of hers so I don't think it was that bad! Glad you liked it frogger (and sorry I missed you - I saw you talking to a couple and wanted to let you finish and eat my food before it got cold, and when I made it back over your way, you'd bugged out already - happy to see you there!).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Apr 2013 10:31 #29 by Reverend Revelant

Blazer Bob wrote:

I did not know you had come out of the closet. I might have to go to breakfast next time. I am curious to see if I can spot your horns or forked tail.

I'm there almost every other month... sometimes 2 months in a row.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds