Climate Scientists Struggling...

24 Apr 2013 09:05 #11 by FredHayek
So even you don't trust the mainstream press...

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2013 09:07 #12 by Something the Dog Said
It is not a matter of trust. I do not blindly believe everything that I read. I am a skeptic regardless of the source.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

24 Apr 2013 09:08 #13 by Reverend Revelant

Something the Dog Said wrote: What is funny is that you actually believe the misinterpration of the actual NASA report by the climate change denier blog. The actual NASA report is diametrically the opposite of what the PSI blog states. This is what the actual NASA report states:

A recent flurry of eruptions on the sun did more than spark pretty auroras around the poles. NASA-funded researchers say the solar storms of March 8th through 10th dumped enough energy in Earth’s upper atmosphere to power every residence in New York City for two years.
“This was the biggest dose of heat we’ve received from a solar storm since 2005,” says Martin Mlynczak of NASA Langley Research Center. “It was a big event, and shows how solar activity can directly affect our planet.”
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... mar_saber/

while I give you props for actually providing a link to the blog rather than passing it off as your own work, it must be really embarrassing to claim such a propaganda piece as actual science. Surely you can do better.

Surely you can do better Dog...

“Carbon dioxide and nitric oxide are natural thermostats,” explains James Russell of Hampton University, SABER’s principal investigator. “When the upper atmosphere (or ‘thermosphere’) heats up, these molecules try as hard as they can to shed that heat back into space.”

That’s what happened on March 8th when a coronal mass ejection (CME) propelled in our direction by an X5-class solar flare hit Earth’s magnetic field.

For the three day period, March 8th through 10th, the thermosphere absorbed 26 billion kWh of energy. Infrared radiation from CO2 and NO, the two most efficient coolants in the thermosphere, re-radiated 95% of that total back into space. [/b][/i]

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... mar_saber/

(Boy... I was getting into the range of Lady Jazzer sized screaming fonts)

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

24 Apr 2013 09:13 #14 by Something the Dog Said
Which of course just reinforces that global warming is occurring through anthropogenic mechanisms, not solar activity as climate change deniers contend. Thanks for the support.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

24 Apr 2013 09:32 #15 by gmule
This seems like an appropriate place for this

http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/joncga ... h-day-1970

24 Apr 2013 09:33 #16 by Something the Dog Said
Really, a link to a far right wing tea party blog? I do note that since the first Earth Day, mankind has intervened to clean up the environment through the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, creation of the EPA, and many other actions to save the environment. Just think what it would be like today if mankind had not intervened and taken action.

24 Apr 2013 09:49 #17 by Reverend Revelant

Something the Dog Said wrote: Really, a link to a far right wing tea party blog? I do note that since the first Earth Day, mankind has intervened to clean up the environment through the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, creation of the EPA, and many other actions to save the environment. Just think what it would be like today if mankind had not intervened and taken action.

Er... less warming than we haven't had over the last 15 years?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

24 Apr 2013 09:51 #18 by gmule
lol I was hoping you would read the predictions that were tossed out there 40 years ago.
I thought is was kind of humorous that according to the first prediction that we would all be dead by now

"Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind." — Harvard biologist George Wald

None of us really know what our actual impact on the planet is. I do know that the earth was much, much warmer when the giant lizards roamed the entire planet and the earth has been getting warmer since the end of the last ice age.

24 Apr 2013 09:54 #19 by FredHayek

Something the Dog Said wrote: Really, a link to a far right wing tea party blog? I do note that since the first Earth Day, mankind has intervened to clean up the environment through the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, creation of the EPA, and many other actions to save the environment. Just think what it would be like today if mankind had not intervened and taken action.

:smackshead: So since reasonable pollution control worked, we now need to amp it up to unreasonable levels, right?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Apr 2013 10:20 #20 by Something the Dog Said

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Er... less warming than we haven't had over the last 15 years?

What are you babbling about? The warming has certainly been occurring the past 15 years, which is even more alarming since this is typically a cooling period.

No, with the intervention of mankind since 1970, we have seen a reduction in SO emissions, cleaner water quality, cleaner air quality, less toxic sludge and many other environmental benefits that would not have occurred had mankind not intervened.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds