Climate Scientists Struggling...

24 Apr 2013 12:47 #31 by Something the Dog Said
Perhaps you should read the second article which comments on the only study that examines the early forecasts and finds them accurate. Or are one of those individuals who only reads those points that support your allegations and ignores everything else?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2013 12:49 #32 by Something the Dog Said

FredHayek wrote: I loved when rockdoc weighed in on these threads awhile ago. A man who looks at the world in eons of times as opposed to these chicken littles who base everything on 200 years of unreliable info.

Yep, nothing like a petroleum geologist employed by the carbon industry to override the scientific studies on climate research supported by 97% of the world's climate scientists.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

24 Apr 2013 12:58 #33 by FredHayek
Like climate scientists who would profit from pushing the alarm button and get more funding for the study of "climate change"? They have no reason at all to lie to Al Gore and predict a hockey stick that never happened.

Next admit it isn't happening as quickly as predicted despite the developing world buliding nasty new coal fired power plants every day.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Apr 2013 13:01 #34 by Something the Dog Said

FredHayek wrote: Like climate scientists who would profit from pushing the alarm button and get more funding for the study of "climate change"? They have no reason at all to lie to Al Gore and predict a hockey stick that never happened.

Next admit it isn't happening as quickly as predicted despite the developing world buliding nasty new coal fired power plants every day.

There is no support for your smear against these hard working scientists. But of course you prefer petroleum geologists employed by the oil companies for your "unbiased" "facts".

24 Apr 2013 13:04 #35 by FredHayek
Smear? Ask other enviromental scientists who have lost their funding in other areas because of the alarmist climate scientists.

24 Apr 2013 13:23 #36 by Something the Dog Said

FredHayek wrote: Smear? Ask other enviromental scientists who have lost their funding in other areas because of the alarmist climate scientists.

So just another smear job by Fred with not a single iota of factual evidence. Thanks for playing.

24 Apr 2013 13:40 #37 by lionshead2010
I'm a trained geologist who has seen strong physical evidence of significant, repeated climate and sea level change during periods of time well before modern man and the industrial age (the Quaternary Period) . The climate and sea level have changed several times before and they will again. I'm not currently employed by the oil industry nor do I receive money from the global warming crowd. I just know what I have seen with my own eyes.

Neverthless, I would appreciate it if the Chicken Littles of the world would just let me know when this climate catastrophe will occur so I can drink some good whiskey and slit my wrists before the world ends.

24 Apr 2013 13:46 #38 by Reverend Revelant

lionshead2010 wrote: I'm a trained geologist who has seen strong physical evidence of significant, repeated climate and sea level change during periods of time well before modern man and the industrial age (the Quaternary Period) . The climate and sea level have changed several times before and they will again. I'm not currently employed by the oil industry nor do I receive money from the global warming crowd. I just know what I have seen with my own eyes.

Neverthless, I would appreciate it if the Chicken Littles of the world would just let me know when this climate catastrophe will occur so I can drink some good whiskey and slit my wrists before the world ends.

"Slit my wrists"... hell... I want a front row seat. :woo hoo:

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

24 Apr 2013 13:49 #39 by FredHayek
:violin: The current enviro alarmists remind me a lot of the Mayan Apocalypse and end of the world Christians.

When are the current enviro end times scheduled for? Will Obama's White House be underwater by 2016?

24 Apr 2013 13:52 #40 by OmniScience

Something the Dog Said wrote: There is no support for your smear against these hard working scientists. But of course you prefer petroleum geologists employed by the oil companies for your "unbiased" "facts".

If you think all of these "hard working scientists" are not driven by personal agendas and have some sort of untouchable level of altruism to them, you are badly mistaken. Climate change research funding is BIG money, in the billions and growing. That's why anyone who questions their failed models and inaccurate predictions is demonized and attacked, and in some cases fired.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds