Homeless Americans are encouraged to stay that way.

25 May 2010 12:13 - 25 May 2010 12:19 #1 by The Viking
Watch this special report by John Stossel. It takes place in Denver. Many Homeless in America are taken care of better than most anyone else. They have it pretty good if they want. Meals better than I eat sometimes. They have a roof over their head. They don't have to work. Food stamps, free healthcare. Why would they want to work? They are trained that if they don't want to work they don't have to and that the government will get bleeding hearts in office who will take money away from those who work hard and earn it and give it to them. It is a total welfare mentality that we are supporting.

Trust me it is well worth the watch and very eye opening! The first 8 minutes are all that is on the homeless in Denver. The rest is about other freeloader in this country. Very interesting stuff!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnm9m_ ... -3of3_news

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2010 12:17 #2 by The Viking
I think the guy who runs that shelter where he makes them work for their food and shelter is a hero!

25 May 2010 12:52 #3 by RenegadeCJ

The Viking wrote: I think the guy who runs that shelter where he makes them work for their food and shelter is a hero!

You mean Step 13? That guy should be in charge of homelessness in Denver. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

25 May 2010 12:57 #4 by Rockdoc

RenegadeCJ wrote:

The Viking wrote: I think the guy who runs that shelter where he makes them work for their food and shelter is a hero!

You mean Step 13? That guy should be in charge of homelessness in Denver. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Indeed. There ought to be something done for the help received. Anyone can become homeless, but it is another issue to stay that way for any length of time.

25 May 2010 13:32 #5 by TPP
Step 13, gets my $$$, and will be receiving a second car from me soon. Sure wish my taxes were less so I could give more.

26 May 2010 08:33 #6 by FredHayek
It also works that way under welfare. When these people go to work, they often find it more expensive than staying at home. Child care, etc. So they have to make a lot more than their welfare checks, and often they don't have the education or skills to get those high wage jobs. So even people who want to improve their lot in life face a real life cut in pay to work.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 May 2010 08:49 #7 by The Viking

SS109 wrote: It also works that way under welfare. When these people go to work, they often find it more expensive than staying at home. Child care, etc. So they have to make a lot more than their welfare checks, and often they don't have the education or skills to get those high wage jobs. So even people who want to improve their lot in life face a real life cut in pay to work.

Agreed. Like I said, we are almost training people that not working and letting the government take care of you is better and more prosperous than working. We are becoming such a welfare mentality country that it will take some tough love to turn these people around.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds