Carney Pulls The Birther Card

21 May 2013 22:03 #1 by Rick

Republicans have taken an issue and tried to turn it into a “partisan or political football.”

At that point, CBS News Chief White House correspondent Major Garrett asked, “Do questions about HHS secretary Sebelius and her efforts to raise funds in the private sector for ObamaCare fall into that category?”

This is Carney’s answer, ““You know, we could go down the list of questions — we could say, what about the president’s birth certificate? Were that — was that legitimate?”

This is a common tactic used around here... use the actions of the few to paint and insult the many.

The cracks are starting to show...

http://nation.foxnews.com/jay-carney/20 ... e-requests

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2013 06:50 #2 by homeagain
Ah hell, there HAS BEEN a huge abyss.......(I would NOT characterize the fubar with "cracks"...of course, JMO)

22 May 2013 07:04 #3 by OmniScience
When you play the race card , or in this case the birther card, you are grasping at straws.

Yeah, "we could go down the list of questions",..... but of course, none of them will be answered.

"I didn't know", "I'm taking the fifth", etc. “ This is the most transparent administration in history" -Barack Obama.

22 May 2013 07:09 #4 by FredHayek
Good point Rick, I see that tactic way too often here. Instead of defending their guy, they will claim the people asking the questions are idiots.

Frow what I have read about Sebilius's tactics, it looks like extortion to me. "Give me money or I will make your life a living hell."

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 May 2013 07:42 #5 by Reverend Revelant
Gee... his reply sounds a lot like the off-topic deflections that the 285 left post here.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

22 May 2013 07:54 #6 by Blazer Bob
http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/38861.html

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.
Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

22 May 2013 07:57 #7 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Carney Pulls The Birther Card

Blazer Bob wrote: www.quotationspage.com/quote/38861.html

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.
Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

:thumbsup:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds