Market Collapse Predicted 2013

05 Jun 2013 19:46 #11 by mountaindollar
Maybe I should go back to what my Granny use to do and put all my money in the mattress or sock drawer.

tongue: lol :biggrin: :idea:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jun 2013 19:52 #12 by KJack

Conan wrote: [bluebox=:yshdpd1v]I hope we shall take warning from the example and crush in it’s birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and to bid defiance to the laws of their country.

-Thomas Jefferson[/bluebox:yshdpd1v]

It seems to have taken a while for them to have built enough power, but it is happening as Jefferson predicted. Not a single person has ever gone to jail or been charged with a crime for bringing our country to its knees with this current recession thanks to the banking institutions actions; yet, the White House goes after whistleblowers, leaves Guantanamo open and abuses human rights (force-feeding prisoners - ever seen that movie about how they did that to the women suffragists who went on hunger strikes while trying to win the right to vote - you'd think women would be more up-in-arms since it was wrong then and is wrong now), spies on journalists, and refuses transparency despite campaign promises. The previous White House and Congress was just as bad favoring its corporations, passing the Patriot Act, and Citizens United, among other things. What kills me is that so many think that only their side is culpable, and their side will do the right thing if only they "didn't have to deal with opponents from the other side." Tea Party members are disgusted by Occupy supporters, and Occupy supporters demean Tea Partiers when, in fact, they both recognize the abuses by those in power and are moved to do something about it - they should be working together, not against one another for we have a common enemy.

I don't comment here much because I feel like I'd be the only one who didn't have a side to fight for - until now brother :thumbsup: But I think that common enemy you speak of has a pretty good hold of both sides of voters and I think this country will die before either party does.

05 Jun 2013 19:54 #13 by FredHayek
Not a single SEC prosecution under Obama but more whistleblowers in government spied on than other presidents combined.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Jun 2013 16:41 #14 by ScienceChic
I love TED . From the TED Blog:

Turbulent times ahead: Q&A with economist Didier Sornette
Posted by: David Webber
June 17, 2013

Forecasting the stock market has a storied past of unfruitful predictions. But in today’s TED Talk, Didier Sornette shares how he and his research team have successfully identified unstable market bubbles and even predicted when they’ll pop. His findings, if accepted, could quite literally change the way we do business, by shifting how banks, traders and governments respond to apparent growth in individual markets.

Are there any other forecasts for the coming year that you’d be willing to share?
    Is there a way to prevent market bubbles from forming in the first place?
    What specific mechanisms can prevent boom-and-bust cycles and forge a sustainable path for growth?
    What scares you most about today’s global economy?
    Does anything about today’s global economy make you optimistic?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Jun 2013 17:04 #15 by Something the Dog Said

FredHayek wrote: Not a single SEC prosecution under Obama but more whistleblowers in government spied on than other presidents combined.

Yet another conservative lie by Fred. According to the SEC website, there have been record number of prosecutions by the SEC, including such high profile companies as Eli Lilly, Ralph Lauren, Tyco, Total, etc. Might as well just assume any post by Fred is untrue, particularly since he refuses to document his assertions.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

18 Jun 2013 17:27 #16 by FredHayek

Something the Dog Said wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Not a single SEC prosecution under Obama but more whistleblowers in government spied on than other presidents combined.

Yet another conservative lie by Fred. According to the SEC website, there have been record number of prosecutions by the SEC, including such high profile companies as Eli Lilly, Ralph Lauren, Tyco, Total, etc. Might as well just assume any post by Fred is untrue, particularly since he refuses to document his assertions.

Where is your proof?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Jun 2013 19:32 #17 by Something the Dog Said
I cited my source for the SEC prosecutions during the administration of President Obama. The SEC website. Where is your proof that no SEC prosecutions have occurred during the last five years? The same source for most of your "facts", your ass?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

18 Jun 2013 21:32 #18 by KJack

Something the Dog Said wrote: The same source for most of your "facts", your ass?

:lol: Thats not nicebut was pretty funny

15 Jul 2013 16:44 #19 by Blazer Bob
I heard a stock tout (paid commercial) on AM 710 today. I imagine that is today's equivalent of getting a stock tip from the taxi driver or shoe shine boy.

16 Jul 2013 05:47 #20 by homeagain
I am NOT a financial guru, but, I am more than curious HOW Basel 3 and the Dinar figure into
the overall picture of OUR market....it would appear to THIS novice that our market would be
long overdue for a SEVERE correction....but then, I have always been the person who will expect
the worst and hope for the best....(my DH calls it pessimistic.)......just seems that much
NEW trending would create problems in the short term.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds