Market Collapse Predicted 2013

22 May 2013 19:14 #1 by Conan
Has anyone heard about this? I started watching the video, but it was too long. The guy's credentials seem decent so it makes me worried.

Chris Martenson is a world-renowned expert on identifying dangerous, yet hidden, exponential growth patterns in global economies, energy demand, and food consumption...

And he is predicting a 60% stock market collapse will strike in the next three months.

Unfortunately, Martenson is not the only economist predicting a massive, historic meltdown. In fact, his figures are conservative compared to other experts in his field.

In a recent interview, Robert Wiedemer — an economist best known for correctly predicting the collapse of the U.S. housing market of 2006 and the stock market collapse of 2008 — provides disturbing evidence for 50 percent unemployment, a 90 percent stock market crash, and 100 percent annual inflation . . . starting this year.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.moneynews.com/MKTnews/Market ... z2U4e1z61m
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTnews/Market ... de=13001-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2013 20:07 #2 by FredHayek
Wow. I think the stock market is in a bubble. Especially if inflation and interest rates start to rise the market won't look so attractive. Right now stocks that pay a 3% dividend look better than a 1% CD but I don't see a 60% drop.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 May 2013 06:26 #3 by FredHayek
Tokyo stock market just went down by 7%. Huge one day fall based on lower Chinese manufacturing numbers.

23 May 2013 16:14 #4 by bailey bud
Here's an article that caught my eye, today.

I have a target value that I'm shooting for ---- as soon as it's there ---- I'm out.

Happy to say that I'm most of the way there

http://money.msn.com/investing/beware-m ... re-selling

01 Jun 2013 08:43 #5 by homeagain
Well now....look who just had a "Lehman Bros." moment....Japan's outlook just got alot more volatile AFTER Bernake's speech......the
land of the rising sun did NOT like what Bennie brought out this week......SOME sources are indicating AUGUST as a timeframe to test
"pull" QE3.....per MarketOracle.......

01 Jun 2013 09:32 #6 by Blazer Bob
If you are a dividend investor there is another way to look at it. If you are in the reinvest dividend stage of a retirement plan and your payers do not cut or suspend the divi, lower stock prices buys you more shares when the div is reinvested. So while the portfolio value goes down the income goes up.

I have not totally embraced this but some smart people have.

For example:

"From: Steve Felix 1 Recommendation Read Replies (2) of 15902

Still way more total return investors than dividend investors. I've recently read a few posts where people
are saying that they have lost all the gains they had for the year. Huh? Time to rethink what they are doing.

Being overweight reits has really knocked my port. this month, but still well ahead of years end.

Last time the market took me to the wood shed was last September. May has given me a pretty good lickin',
yet my income is the highest it has ever been. "

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg. ... d=28925864

01 Jun 2013 16:49 #7 by homeagain
Here's a MORE in depth analysis of Japan in Jeopardy....... http://www.mauldineconomics.com/images/ ... 1_TFTF.pdf

04 Jun 2013 11:36 #8 by bailey bud

Look, I don’t want to rain on the parade. But any self-respecting weather forecaster would warn you to zipper up and take an umbrella. Don’t be swayed by all the sunny talk. There are too many storm clouds ahead.

Robert Reich

http://robertreich.org/post/51817435244

05 Jun 2013 18:52 #9 by Conan
[bluebox=:1mnv3vtl]I hope we shall take warning from the example and crush in it’s birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and to bid defiance to the laws of their country.

-Thomas Jefferson[/bluebox:1mnv3vtl]

It seems to have taken a while for them to have built enough power, but it is happening as Jefferson predicted. Not a single person has ever gone to jail or been charged with a crime for bringing our country to its knees with this current recession thanks to the banking institutions actions; yet, the White House goes after whistleblowers, leaves Guantanamo open and abuses human rights (force-feeding prisoners - ever seen that movie about how they did that to the women suffragists who went on hunger strikes while trying to win the right to vote - you'd think women would be more up-in-arms since it was wrong then and is wrong now), spies on journalists, and refuses transparency despite campaign promises. The previous White House and Congress was just as bad favoring its corporations, passing the Patriot Act, and Citizens United, among other things. What kills me is that so many think that only their side is culpable, and their side will do the right thing if only they "didn't have to deal with opponents from the other side." Tea Party members are disgusted by Occupy supporters, and Occupy supporters demean Tea Partiers when, in fact, they both recognize the abuses by those in power and are moved to do something about it - they should be working together, not against one another for we have a common enemy.

05 Jun 2013 19:04 #10 by FredHayek
Market down 1% today and summer is usually a slump.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds