President's Hot Air

25 Jun 2013 21:48 #1 by bailey bud
I see president Obama did his fair share in contributing to the hot air in Washington, today.

I don't really question statements about the changes in temperature.
Nor do I question that human activity has the capacity to contribute to those changes.

However, the President's rhetoric detracts from any reasonable discussion of science and facts.

Particularly, calling climate change critics "Flat Earth Society" is completely counter-productive.

We didn't get to where we are over-night --- now will we get to some arbitrary political goal through the expedience of his hot air.

I'm hard to offend - but the President crossed the line.

I don't like his rhetoric, and I like his ideas of a solution even less.

I've never known Washington DC to succeed at anything other than making a bad situation worse.

I don't need or appreciate his "leadership" in this matter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jun 2013 06:39 #2 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic President's Hot Air
When rhetoric is all you have everything looks like a soap box. :Whistle

26 Jun 2013 06:44 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic President's Hot Air
More DOA legislation? You know the House won't pass it, so unless it is done in a backdoor way through the EPA, it will just be empty words. 38% of the US is powered by coal, expect that to go down and for coal miners to lose their jobs.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jun 2013 06:47 #4 by Reverend Revelant

FredHayek wrote: More DOA legislation? You know the House won't pass it, so unless it is done in a backdoor way through the EPA, it will just be empty words. 38% of the US is powered by coal, expect that to go down and for coal miners to lose their jobs.

If you had read ANYTHING about Obama's climate change speech, you would have already known that he is not going through the house, or the senate...

In his speech, Obama invoked his executive authority to undertake a wide range of measures aimed at curbing climate change and its impacts. Of particular import to Gore was the president's directive to the Environmental Protection Agency to move forward with climate change regulations to limit carbon emissions from existing coal- and gas-fired utilities.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/2 ... 99269.html

End run.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

26 Jun 2013 08:27 #5 by Dumblonde
Replied by Dumblonde on topic President's Hot Air
The right has clearly shown that it is indeed a flat earth society that will happily risk millions of lives and species in order to assure the profit margins of the fossil fuel industry. It is the Presidents job to protect the interests of the nation as a whole, not a few privileged companies. Now let's see if he will follow his tough talk with decisive action, something he has been loath to do in the past. We liberals have been fruitlessly waiting for some of the extremism the right likes to pretend is happening in order to keep themselves whipped into a frenzy.

26 Jun 2013 08:38 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic President's Hot Air
The Left has clearly shown that they don't care what citizens have to pay to keep their homes heated by corporate welfare to bad business models like Solyandra that produce a very costly in-efficient product that can't survive in a un-subsidized market.

We have solar power at our place because we are off the grid and that is the only way it makes economic sense. It is just unicorns and rainbows if you think solar and wind energy can justify themselves economically.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jun 2013 09:36 #7 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic President's Hot Air
I simply have no confidence in government (democrat or republican).

Simple example - support for Renewable Fuel Standards ---- increasing the use of "renewable fuel" from 9 billion to 36 billion gallons a year.

The primary "renewable fuel" (ethanol) generates more "carbon pollution" than plain ole gas!

For the source freaks - you can check with Mother Jones magazine.

26 Jun 2013 09:47 #8 by Reverend Revelant
The left has clearly shown that it is indeed anti-virus, anti-inoculation and will happily risk millions of lives of children in order to assure some misguided ideological-clap-trap. It is the Presidents job to protect the interests of the nation as a whole. Now let's see if he will talk out against the anti-inoculation crazies on the left, something he has been loath to do in the past. We conservatives have been waiting for some of the extremism the left to be put in it's place.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds